Surviving: A beginners guide.

Dwight was geeky and scrawny through high school. He always wanted to be one of the cool kids, but somehow never had the charisma. He tried out for the football team but was cut, the basketball team didn't even take a look, and his grades were distinctly below average. One weekend, on a team building exercise from his dead-end job, Dwight's boss led them deep into the woods before breaking out his family recipe moonshine. Dwight remembered taking the first sip before waking up late the next morning all alone. During the night, the others had abandoned him. Once again, the laughing stock of the community Dwight tried to hike his way out of the woods. That was the last anyone ever heard of Dwight Fairfield.  

As the American Caucasian was walking deeper into the woods he felt something on his arms, he turned around expecting to see one of his colleagues who was kinda enough to show him the way out but when he looked at his arm it wasn't someone's hand that he recognized. it wasn't even human. It almost looked like the leg of a spider but felt a lot, stronger? Stiffer? He wasn't sure and he didn't have much time to ponder it as he was sucked into the sky. 

Dwight was placed down down in a forest. At first he thought it was the same one but soon realized that the trees were much, much taller than they were where he came from. Dwight didn't know why but he felt called to go in his right direction. After not too long he found himself at a campfire. For some reason he decided to stay here, at least till morning where he could get his bearings. After not long he made out something glowing a yellowish aura and heading towards him. It looked humanoid so he stayed close, but ran behind the tree to be sure. 

From the day that her parents gave Claudette her first science kit, she loved experiments. Her single minded pursuit lead to an early scholarship at a great college. It was a huge decision to leave Montreal, but the chance was too good to pass up. Her introverted nature means that chat rooms and forums are now her best source of social interaction. Her new favorite activity is to answer botany questions for others under her new moniker of Science Girl. One evening, during a long bus ride back from the city, Claudette took a stroll that would change her life. It only took a minute for her to get completely disoriented in the thick woods. She never found her way back. Her forum only started to wonder where she was a week after she stopped posting. 

The spider being that had sucked her into the darkness filled her with fear at first. Fear of the unknown mostly. Perhaps even fear of death but then she realized that that it was taking her away from her fears.  The Canadian was so felt so at home in the nature that surrounded her, she knew all she needed was a few plants and she'd be able to heal herself easily in a way that not most people could. Perhaps she could find herself at home away from the horrors of society. As she fell down to the floor she healed herself in the long grass, before heading off. She arrived at the camp fire after not too long, she was very careful about how she approached, slowly crouching all the way there just to be sure. Claudette sat in front of the fire for warmth quickly realizing that total solitude would quickly become so lonely. Just as she was coming to that conclusion Dwight revealed himself from behind the tree he was hiding. 

"Someone else is coming." He said before Claudette could introduce herself. 

Perhaps it was her mother that had instilled the fierce streak in her or maybe it was her father that left them when she was a baby. Meg excelled at schoolwork but she was off the rails. Fortunately, an athletics coach encouraged her to channel her misspent energy on the track. She motivated herself into becoming a high school star and earned a scholarship to college. When her mother fell ill, Meg decided to give up her chance at college to care for the woman who had raised her. One summer's day, on a long run deep in the woods, Meg vanished. Search as they did, they never found her body.