1). The mission

(Italics-Thinking)
(Hope you all enjoy!!))

Toga Yagari was on his way to an abandoned mansion for a standard level E killing mission, or so he thought. He held his shotgun securely in his grip walking through the corridors of the abandoned mansion 'they couldn't have at least told me about there being possible Purebloods out here, or at least sent someone with me so I'm not jumped by many level Es?' the one eyed male asked himself.

A sudden noise followed by a screech echoed throughout the hallway, but his reflexes were quicker as he aimed the barrel of his shotgun towards the level E's chest, and shot a bullet directly into its heart, instantly turning the monstrosity into dust. The hunter let out a sigh of relief "really? Just one? That honestly cannot be right, I was told that there'd be at least twenty to thirty of these bloodsuckers here" Yagari then took out the report that was given to him not that long ago. After with what happened with Rido attacking the academy and then fleeing, the hunter had always been on his guard while on missions, but his guard was now down due to the small distraction. In the short time span he was distracted multiple vampires began to make their presence known. One after the other the level E's began to attack the hunter barely giving him enough time to grab his shotgun. Having his composure fixed Yagari then made his move by aiming the barrel of his gun to the first level E in his eye sight and fired off the first bullet loaded into the weapon.

Toga continued to fire his weapon hitting multiple vampires in either their head or chest, the ammo soon running out as the empty casings fell to the ground beneath him. Piles of dust from the vampires who dropped from their humanity soon remained as the hunter took heavy breaths of air, his chest rose and fell with each gulp of air he took in "Damn things, finally perished, and wasted my ammo, this is just great" he muttered under his breath. The dark haired hunter slumped against the wall taking out a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it, once lit he took a long drag from it letting his senses dull a bit so his breathing would relax.

The eyepatch wearer couldn't, more like didn't sense that he wasn't alone anymore, it was then that he had felt a strong hand grip his leg from the shadows of the room. His cigarette fell to the ground putting itself out due to the impact; kicking from Yagari soon started up to get the hand off of his leg, his senses soon kicking back into gear until finally he sensed the newer presence, one of which was stronger than that of a mere level E, D, C, even B. It was a Pureblood "get out of the shadows I know you're there!" Yagari shouted out as he picked up his empty shotgun ready to use it as a bludgeoning weapon if need be.

His gaze wandered the area he was currently in to locate the exact presence of the Pureblood now that the mysterious person, or thing had retreated after grabbing ahold of his leg. What Toga Yagari wasn't expecting to see was a deathly pale hand covering his only eye forcing his other senses to jump into overdrive to help him. On instinct the hunter's elbow went to hit the creature that grabbed ahold of him only for it to be caught with the words "shhh, it's best to not move around a lot for what's coming your way hunter" before the hunter could react; there was a sharp pain in his neck causing a small grunt of pain and small movement to come from the experienced hunter. Yagari could clearly hear the loud and sloppy gulping sounds from the vampire, his eye clenched shut, fists balled up tightly, Yagari jerked his body away from the fanged creature and punched the being square in the face.

Gasping for air the blue eyed male looked into the eyes of his attacker only then did his own widen upon realization of who it was "R-Rido Kuran" the hunter's voice came out raspy. Said Pureblood smirked licking the hunter's somewhat savory blood from his lips and hand "you know for a hunter, your blood is quite good, I may just keep you as my servant" came Rido's words, Yagari held the bite wound, blood slipped between his calloused fingers 'this isn't good I let my guard down, and now I'm paying the price for such a foolish act and worst of all... I was bitten by Rido Kuran, so this is where's he's been hiding out ever since he escaped' he told himself.

He took out the pistol hidden away in his trench coat and aimed it towards the Pureblood. The gun itself was still made of anti vampire material therefore causing small sparks of electricity upon touching the weapon which in turn made the hunter grip it tightly from the small sparks of pain. Despite being harmed from the anti vampire weapon Yagari held it firmly and kept it aimed at the one who bit him, his finger rested on the trigger unable to clench it due to a restraint that now rested upon his being 'pull the damn trigger!' Toga yelled at himself, but to no avail he couldn't pull it. The realization struck him and it frustrated him. Rido smirked towards the state of the hunter, a small chuckle left his mouth before his final sentence was uttered as he took his leave.

"See you soon my servant"

With that final sentence spoken Yagari was left alone growling and glaring at the spot the Pureblooded vampire once stood. Although his mission was finished he was having conflict as to whether or not go back to the academy or the association given his current state "for a human bitten by a Pureblood becomes a vampire if kept alive" The blue eyed top hunter then took off his trench coat quickly wrapping his weapons as to not cause further harm to his physical being 'it appears hunter weapons won't respond to me accordingly anymore, I need to force them to work under my care again, or at least try, I don't wanna go on a bloodthirsty rampage either, and seeing as how the tablets didn't work for Zero, there's a fifty percent chance they'll work for me, but there's also the other fifty percent chance of them not satisfying my hunger' he told himself.

Little did he know that more than the normal vampiric changes would be taking place in his system.

I'll also show you a sweet dream tonight