Her Smile

Characters:
Miso Sumairu
Yohann dela Cruz

~~~~~~~~Her Smile~~~~~~~~

Hi, I'm Yohann dela Cruz. A man who fell inlove with his childhood friend. Pero hindi ko siya maalala. Nagka-amnesia ako kasi nasagasaan ako ng kotse. At ang mga pictures niya ay nasunog kasama na ang bahay namin. There is one picture left and that is her smile.
My mind can forget her but my heart can't.

That was first day of school when I saw this girl named Miso Sumairu, half Japanese half Korean pero pinanganak dito sa Pilipinas. We became seatmates. Lagi niya akong kinukulit. I don't know why, but whenever she smiles, I feel like I'm in a cloud nine.

Sometimes she would stare at me, and I could see pain and longing in her eyes, parang gustong-gusto niyang yakapin ako. Araw-araw din siyang nagso-sorry kahit na wala naman siyang kasalanan.

Isang araw nalaglag yung locket ko na may picture ng ngiti ng kababata ko at nakita yun ni Miso.

"Hurry up on finding her. She needs you." She said and left me stupefied.

Confusion, this is what I felt that time.

It's been 3 months since that incident and I didn't saw Miso again.

One day, while I was scanning my things. I saw an envelope. A pink one. And inside, was a letter and a picture. I read the letter.

I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for leaving you. I know what happened, and I'm so sorry because in that time that you needed me, I wasn't there. I know this is all my fault. Kung hindi lang sana kita iniwan, hindi ito mangyayari. When I leaved you, you chased me kaya ka nabundol.

Alam ko wala kang kaclue-clue ngayon kung sino ako. So I'll give you.

Translate the given clue
To find the answer on the questions bothering you
Make it fast
Because I won't last
Who am I?
Let this be your guide.

SMILE

Still can't get it?
I'm not in front
I'm not at the back
But I'm at your side.
I'm the girl next door.
Living at your second home.

I looked at the picture. Pareho ito ng picture na nasa akin, pero ito buo.

The face, the smile was so familiar to me.

Ilang araw ko ding binabasa yung riddle but I can't get it. I read the letter again.

Girl next door? Eh isa lang naman kapitbahay kong babae eh, at impossibleng siya yun. Hindi siya umalis at hindi nga kami nagkausap non noh. Binasa ko ulit siya.

Living at your second home? School is considered our second home.

Next-door means neighbor, at your side....

Katabi...katabi ko siya?

Si Miso? Si Miso lang naman kasi katabi kong babae.

"Hurry up on finding her. She needs you."

I get my cellphone and tap the google app.

Miso is the Korean translation for smile and Sumairu is the Japanese translation for smile also.

I get the picture and stare at it.

"Ba't ba 'di ko to napansin? Kamukha niya si Miso!"

I smile. Now I found you. I hope I'm not too late.

Nagtanong-tanong ako sa mga kaklase ko kung saan siya nakatira. Nahirapan ako kasi walang nakakaalam non.

I asked the address to my adviser.

I went to her house at nadatnan ang kanyang inang nagdidilig ng mga halaman.

The place was so beautiful.

"Tao po." I shouted. Binuksan iyon ng isang matandang babae. Katulong nila.

"Sino sila?" Sabi nito.

"So Yohann dela Cruz po. Pwede po ba makausap si Mrs. Sumairu?" Hinarap niya si Mrs. Sumairu.

"Pasok ka daw." Binuksan niya ng mas malawak ang gate.

"Hi iho."

"Hello po Mrs. Sumairu."

"Tita na lang."

" Ah...Tita, nandyan po ba si Miso. Gusto ko po sana siyang makausap." Natigilan si Tita at umiyak.

"You didn't know?"

"Ha?....ano po?.... Ano pong ibig niyong sabihin?" Kinakabahan ako. I hope it's not too late. Dumating naman ako sa tamang panahon diba?! Tita composed herself.

"She's one month dead." Parang tumigil ang mundo ko. I'm too late. She's already gone.

I hug Tita.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't be." Hinarap ko si tita.

"She gave me clues, but I ignored that. I'm very stupid."

Kaya siya nagso-sorry. That's why I could see longing in her eyes everytime she looks at me.

"No you're not."

"Bakit di po niya sinabi sa akin?"

"She wanted you to love her of what she is right now and not of what she was before. She wanted you to love her not because, she is your childhood friend. Maraming nagbago sa kanya, natakot siyang baka hindi mo siya matanggap." It hurts like hell knowing that the person you love is suffering while you're enjoying.

"She died because of a brain tumor. That's why we went to States, for her medication. We went back here because she wants to see you. She knew that she won't last a year."

"Take this." It was a picture of me and Miso.

"And this one also, open that when you're ready." Its a letter again. I'm not yet ready to open this.

I looked at the picture.

This smile is my transportation to heaven.

This smile that can kill all of the negativities in this world.

This smile that can heal all pains.

This smile that can make a weak person strong.

This smile that can make my heartbeat stop for a moment.

And I know right in this moment I can't see her smile again.

~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~

Lianne's Note:

Thank you for giving my story a chance. Kayo na po bahala kung ano ang nakasulat doon sa letter. PM me na lang po sa mga thoughts niyo.😁😁😁😂

Thank you. Sorry po sa mga typos.