Calamity Jane

Nicole opened the door to her house, letting Waverly walk through. Sure, it looked clean now but she had spent the previous night cleaning it from top to bottom. Being single led to a lot of not caring what your house looks like and it certainly showed.

"Your house looks so clean, Nicole." Waverly remarked as she looked around the living room. "I know mine's not like this."

Nicole was about to say something else, when an orange blur shot through the room. "What the..." Nicole groaned when she realized Calamity Jane had gotten out. "Stupid cat was in a closed room!"

Waverly gasped playfully. "You didn't tell me you had a cat!"

"Err..." Nicole trailed off, not knowing what to say. Her cat could definitely be troubling when it came to new girlfriends. The last girl she had brought home had been scared off by Calamity puking on everything she owned.

"I guess Calamity can be a little aggravating."

"I'm sure she's an angel."

"Satan was an angel."

Waverly rolled her eyes. "I was with Champ for over a year. I can handle a cat."

Nicole smirked and shook her head. "Suit yourself."

Later that night they had put in a movie to watch. Was Die Hard a romantic movie? It was now.

Waverly was about to lean in for a kiss, when Calamity Jane leaped onto her lap and curled up on her thighs.

"Huh. Usually when the girl leans in for the kiss, she knocks over a wine glass."

Waverly laughed and scratched behind the cat's ears. "Guess she likes me." Nicole shrugged, placing a kiss on her cheek. "Finally picked the right one."