What To Do When You Are Sad

- Write
Writing is a healthy way of releasing stress and emotions. Sometimes you don't know how to express your pain so when you write, it's like venting to someone when you're also keeping it to yourself. (Also remember you don't have to keep or save your prompts. You just have to express your feelings.)

- Venting
When journaling doesn't work, sometimes verbally just telling a friend as they listen can help a lot. Sometimes we need someone's presence to help us know we're not alone and when you bottle up all your emotions it just starts to overflow on top of each other and feels horrible. This method actually varies like other methods and used at different times for different situations but you can be able to decide if you want to use it or not.

- Go Somewhere
Sometimes when we feel sad it's like a loop where we feel like we're doing the same thing and it feels like this bland and draining routine. Staying at home and crying doesn't do much but keep you sad. It might make you feel better to stay at home, but you have to physically move so you can associate that with "moving on" or to keep going in your life, and that can help a lot with your mental health by just going outside for a couple minutes and breathing.

- Clean
Sometimes a cleaner space can make a cleaner mind. Sometimes when we see cluttered areas we feel like our minds are messy so by cleaning, you mind automatically feels better because it's like expressing "cleaning" your brain and all that mess of sadness. It doesn't cure problems but does provide a healthier living environment.

- Exercise
Some people feel a lot better when they're distracted doing stimulating activity and it helps take their mind off things and helps them feel better. In fact, exercising releases endorphins as it relieves stress and makes you feel temporarily better.

- Detach
Take a break from social media or anything on the internet. Having that tiring routine can cause you to feel worse than what you're actually going through. Detach away from the root of your stresses and sadness.

- Take A Shower
Sometimes all you need is some hot water to relieve yourself and just take a break from reality. Something as simple as that can actually make you feel a lot better. If you want maximum relief, tie a eucalyptus bunch on your shower and the steam will release its scent.

- Do Something That Makes You Happy
Play video games, watch your favorite netflix shows, calling a friend, etc. will help you boost your mood. It may seem like a time waster but if it's helping you cope with your sadness, it doesn't waste any time.

- Food
Eat more foods that have Vitamin D. Vitamin D can helps someone's mood lift and staying in the sun/opening your blinds is another great source of that sunshine Vitamin. You can incorporate it by consuming orange juice, yogurt and salmon.

Note that some or even all of these methods might not always work. Everyone has different ways of coping with sadness and sadness can come in varying complexities. These are just some suggestions.