Free the Gladiators

Chapter 1

GRANITE’S POV

A

 wink of an eye was all it took to lure me into her trap. At first I thought she was trying to make “friends” with me. But here I am strung up in the air by a net. Her evil girlish laugh was mocking me from the ground. Her strung up red hair was now falling out of place. She fixed her hair back into that pony tail.

            “Who do you work for?” She asked sexily and mischievously.

            “I don’t work for anyone. I am a escaped slave. I was running away when you found me.” I intended.

            She scoffed and turned her back to me. She whistled a five note tune and a five note tuned answered back. I lay quietly in the net listening for something. The red haired girl began to descend from where I was strung up.

            Realizing she was leaving me I started to outburst “Hey, hey, hey! You can’t leave me here. These woods are dangerous!”

            “That’s exactly why I’m leaving you.” She said still walking away from my netted self.

            “You can’t just leave me to die here!”   I shouted at her.

             I couldn’t see the fox faced red headed girl anymore.

            Her voice flowed from the bushes “Watch me.”

            I felt my anger grow inside of me. I was angry how the fox left me to die and the sun is setting. I have no weapon, or any type of food and I’m easy bait. A stick was poking me in the back. I shifted uncomfortably and pulled the stick away. After running for three hours straight my eyes were feeling heavy. For now I must fight off the urge to fall asleep if I wanted to survive.

            My muscles relaxed and a thought came to me “If I want to die, I might as well die when I’m asleep. It would be a less suffering death.”

            I let my eyes flutter shut and allowed my body to relax.  I laid my head back.

             I woke up to the sound of voices, a male and a female voice. I made it through the night! I might have made it through the night but now is not a time for celebrating.

Below me a Puma with its teeth smiling at me was circling me. It was probably deciding on how to kill me. Trying to decide if to rip my guts out or go straight for the kill.

“Holy bananas!!” I heard myself scream.

My body was doing stuff I didn’t want to do. I felt my body shove myself into the very top of the net. The Puma jumped for me and it was a hairline away from me. The Puma jumped at me again. I was pretty sure it was going to get me but an arrow went through the heart of the animal.

I heard the hustle of bushes and feet running towards me. I braced myself for the worst. Thieves?  The Cranitors coming to take me back? Or Emperor Enmustiac coming for me himself or herself? Emperor Enmustiac’s gender was unknown. No one in the whole world knew it.

A small girl and a boy came into view. The girl was approximately five years old and the boy looked to be a teenager. The boy looked unnaturally thin. He had Brown soft, deer eyes like mine. His face was dotted red with raising dots. There was a pouch on the side of his hip which was connected to a belt. On that belt hung a few small animals. He was wearing a neon orange Tazmitazi shirt that was noticeably large for him.

The puny girl was a complete opposite of the teenager. She was large but I assume it is baby fat.  Her eyes were an intimidating blue with specks of green. She too was wearing a Tazmitazi shirt but hers had rips and tears in it. This girl was holding the bow.