Chapter 1

Lounging on her bed, Rose strolled through the endless stream of pictures. Selfies, cats, exotic holidays, adverts, memes and more selfies. Social media is fake as shit, Rose thought to herself with eyes glued to the bright light of her phone screen. She spent the next half an hour scrolling mindlessly through photos upon photos of the same images but by different users. When she finally pulled herself away from her phone, she realised what time it was, Six minutes to catch the bus! Quickly grabbing her bag and sliding into her boots and coat, she ran to the bus stop in the nick of time.

The day consisted of Rose attending lectures and seminars, all the while trying to keep up and follow what was being said. The lectures all seemed to follow the same programme, flick through the power point as soon as students got half through writing notes and expect them to catch up. Times like this, I should have my Dictaphone with me, but alas Rose had not used it since her first year of university and instead grew dusty in the bottom of an old bag in her wardrobe. 

Once back home again, Rose made herself some ready noodles and then got comfy in bed and repeated her ritual of spending hours sucked into social media. After an hour of mindless scrolling, Rose received a friends request from someone called Roman. She looked at his feed and was immediately drawn to his striking green eyes and short brown hair. Not the typical guy she would go for, as her previous boyfriends would show she had a type that usually followed the stereotypical goth look of long dark hair and moody gaze. Roman however did seem to have an element of darkness to him but in a less obvious way. She stared at a black and white image of him stood in a dense forest staring into the camera with his big round eyes. I need you Roman, Rose accepted his friends request and within seconds she received an instant message from him.

Hi Rose, I have seen you around uni and just happened to come across your profile via friends you may know. I hope you don't find that weird. 

Hey Roman. No worries, I like getting to know new people. :)

Cool! I am glad of that as you seem like someone I could get along with. What are your interests? :)

I am into cats, music especially Type O Negative and crime.

Haha! Really? I love cats, I have a Sphinx called Louie and I love Type O Negative too, still gutted I never got to see them preform before Peter Steele died. What crime are you into? Serial Killers I assume? :p

Sphinx's are so cute! I have a tortie called Mabel. I feel the same about that too; I never got to see them live but my older brother did! I am so bloody jealous lol! Well I don't mind serial killers but I am more into unsolved crimes as I like to hypothesise what may have happened to them. My mum thinks I am morbid but I don't care! xD

I am jealous of your brother too!!! I have never really thought about unsolved crime before, that is quite an interesting avenue of crime to look into actually... Also, what is bad with being morbid eh? We are all gonna die one day so what is the point of skipping around the bush. Kinda weird of me to ask but I thought if you aren't busy tonight, would you like to meet up in person? If you like, we could meet in the SU Bar?

Sure, I can be ready in an hour and meet you for about 8pm. :)