Chapter 1

(A/N: Yokai Academy [I think that's what it's called, I'd have to recheck the manga] has sailor uniforms as but she's wearing more than just the uniform. Same as Zashiki did, she has on leggings and a hoodie as well. I don't remember if there's a specific type of shoes to the uniform or not because I don't think it was specified so I'm just gonna put ones that look like the shoes they were and pretend it is. One last thing is I'm using the manga and yokai.com for all my information on yokai in this story. Might tweak a few things here and there though.)

(outfit)

I walked into the homeroom I was told was mine and could immediately feel the eyes of everyone in the room fall on me

"Students this is-" the homeroom teacher began to say but cut off

"Not another one who wears pants under their uniform!" he cried "You're out of uniform! Take them off!"

I sighed and walked off to my dorm room, took off the hoodie and leggings, then walked back to class. When I got in I could feel everyone staring at the self-harm scars I had on my forearms. I just ignored them and walked to the front of this class to introduce myself.

"I'm Skye." I said with a smile "I'm new to this school and the first human student."

"WHAT?! FIRST THEY GIVE US A HUMAN TEACHER AND NOW A HUMAN CLASSMATE?!" a Dorotabou yelled angrily

A blond Yakubyougami slapped him on the back of the head and glared at him.

"What if she goes and cuts herself more because of that? Idiot," he growled

I walked up to the two of them with the same smile before suddenly dropping it.

"I can hear you Blondie," I said in an annoyed tone

Just then, a Kappa walked into the classroom and handed an envelope to Abe Sensei.

"The class photograph," he explained

"Thank you!" Abe Sensei said thanked excitedly and bowed to him

Since Kappas must always return a bow he bowed back, matching the low bow Abe Sensei gave. Bowing so low caused the water in the dish on his head to fall to the ground. My eyes widened and I ran to his side. I quickly pulled out a water bottle from my schoolbag and refilled the dish in his head. He thanked me and left. I turned to Abe Sensei with a glare and high kicked him in the face, sending him flying into the chalkboard.

"You could have killed him, you idiot!!" I hissed

He began to grovel on the ground.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I'm garbage." he said in a quivering voice

I just let out a tch and headed to an empty seat in the back of the class next to a Mame-Danuki.

"Hi, I'm Maizuka but everyone calls me Mame." he said to me "That was really awesome how you helped that yokai out. How'd you know that they need to  keep the dish on their head filled with water or they'll die?"

"My mom used to keep journals with information about different yokai, what hurts or can kill them, and how to heal or save them. I just grew up learning about it."

"Used to?" he asked

"She was killed." I explained sadly and stared down at the scars on my arms "But that's in the past." I said, putting on a cheerful facade "It's nice to meet you, Mame."

>>>>>time skip to the end to the end of the school day. Skye's in Yokai Studies.<<<<<

"Now class, we'll move on to the yokai hunters." Miki Sensei said "The family that controls all yokai hunters is-"

He cut off when I suddenly stood up and walked out of the class.

"Where are you going?" he called behind me as I left but I just flipped over a vending machine and he shut up 

I angrily stormed off to a secluded wooded area and started getting my anger out by practicing my fighting on a tree. I eventually tired myself out and sat on the floor, slumped against the tree. Suddenly a Hōkō appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is this where you live?" I asked "Sorry to bother you. Here, did you want some fruit?"

I pulled out the container of mixed fruit that I hadn't eaten at lunch and held it out to him. He grabbed a slice of mango and ate it. His eyes lit up and he crawled into my lap. We sat in silence sharing the fruit as I pet him. After an hour or so I went to head back to the school to apologize to Miki Sensei for walking out of class like that. I was surprised to see the Hōkō following me but didn't fight it. I pet him behind the ear happily and kept walking. We got to class and I walked up to the door.

"Umm... Sensei?" I knocked on the door and walked up to "Sorry for storming out like that. I just have... bad experiences with yokai hunters."

"Bad experiences?" he asked

"I'd rather not go into it." I said weakly while wrapping my arms around myself "I already know everything there is about them so if I can just get the work and skip the lessons I would really appreciate it."

"I guess as long as your doing the work and tests then that'll be fine but if I see your grades suffering then you'll have to sit through the lessons whether you want to or not. I'll give you the work and tests upfront now because, as the principal's daughter, I trust you not to cheat or help others cheat." he said

"Thank you." I said with a smile "I can do the work quickly if you don't mind staying here for a little bit."