Best friend

Before I met this girl, I would be pressured into doing stuff. I didn't know what it felt like to have a best friend, I didn't know what it felt like to put a real smile on my face, I didn't know what happiness felt like.
Everyday I would look at this girl, no care in the world, just swinging with a couple of friends laughing. Once in awhile she'd glance at me, I'd quickly look away, my so called friends made me laugh  at her and call her names, but that's the least I wanted to do. This girls name was Tess Jean Ott.
Fifth grade came along and I finally had the courage to hang out with her. She was perfect. Her blonde hair all frizzed up in a ponytail, her oversized sweatshirt falling off her shoulders, as she laughed I noticed, she wasn't laughing like any other girl would do to impress a boy, she was laughing like a girl who didn't care if someone gave her a funny look.
The summer heat was burning our skin as we walked and laughed at the jokes from last year. We had a sleepover at her house to celebrate the last day of school... or the week after the last day of school... We walked down her street to a corner shop. We bought a bag of candy and ran out of the air conditioned shop. The heat punted our heads as we ran to a park.
Now I'm explaining how I met Tess, but soon I'm going to be talking about how wonderful she is! Just wait!
Now seventh grade came along and I started feeling different. Something was different, I felt the sadness come slithering back into my body. It hurt like someone was stabbing me. Every night I would cry.
Tess noticed something different, she asked what was wrong but I didn't want to tell her. I finally told her and it was like something fell off me, like a weight falling off my body, I told her I was super depressed, J told her how I hated this feeling, I told her that I finally was happy. She was there for me through everything.
Last year was the worst year for me, my dad got a call to be a teacher in Beaver dam Wisconsin. I hated the feeling of moving away from my best friend! She was telling me it would be alright, my birthday week was the week we were told from our parents that we'd stay in Owosso or move... I was very depressed during my birthday, not because I didn't get a present, but because I didn't know if we had to move. Guess who was there for me? If you guessed Tess Jean Ott, then you're right!
Tess doesn't think she's pretty, and she's not, she's beautiful! Her blonde curly hair, her voice, her laugh, everything on her and in her is beautiful! Now I'm here o be for you Tess... it's my turn to be by you, it's my turn to help you, it's my turn to have your back...
I know this is short but...
I love you Tess Jean Ott
You are beautiful
And don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
- Grace E. Perry