i

It was always the same;
The same person, the same place, the same thing almost every night. Sometimes she wouldn't dream about anything; sometimes he would be all she imagined about at night when she couldn't sleep. He rarely talked, but she didn't mind. After all, they were just dreams; Surreal, vivid dreams.

"Auntie Seph!" A tiny voice called from behind the driver's seat.

"Sorry bug," she glanced in the review mirror at the girl in the booster seat, "we're here," Persephone smiled reassuringly at the three-year-old. Persephone turned the engine off and pulled the key, hopping out and opening the back door. She helped the little one out and went to grab their travel bags. She slung the backpack over her shoulder and grabbed the weekender bag.

Both girls stood in front of the cast iron gate, admiring the beauty that stood tall behind it. The peaks and arches reminded her of her childhood home, the cathedral was gorgeous, and her brother told Persephone that it was almost finished with its renovations for the girls. It was to be their home for an undetermined amount of time. She pushed the gate open and walked up the steps, under the arches and the watchful eye of the gargoyles on their mount.

"Roman!" Persephone called out as soon as they were inside the large home. Her lavender eyes scanned the entryway; it was gorgeous. The tall vaulted ceilings, the floor to ceiling stain glasses windows were breathtaking.

"Go find your father," she smiled down at the young girl who took off in a run to explore the house and find her father. Persephone set the bags down and rubbed her shoulder, stepping into the house further and admiring it.

She crossed the open floor and entered the kitchen; she ran her fingers down the stone countertop as she admired everything still. She glanced out the bay window to see a guest house nestled within the trees. She watched a man go in and out of the house, bringing various things in from the black pickup. She hadn't seen him before; perhaps he had been hired by her brother to do a few tasks. She couldn't make much of him with his ball cap on and dark clothes. The brunette beauty turned her head and inspected the kitchen. It was as large as everything else, new range and fridge. She opened the refrigerator and didn't find much; she would have to go into town to get them food she presumed. Her niece would be hungry soon.

Persephone heard approaching footsteps and turned her head, spotting her brother. A smile filled her face as she stepped forward and hugged him tightly.

"You made it," Roman said, hugging his sister back before letting her go," I was afraid you would run into trouble," he said, rubbing her arms as he stepped back, "or Opal would have given you trouble, isn't that right?" He asked as he picked up his daughter, hugging her as well.

"She did well for such a long drive," Persephone praised the three-year-old, tying her hair back with the black scrunchie on her wrist," but once we hit the mountains we got a little antsy," she admitted," we just wanted to get here." She finished as she glanced around the kitchen again. Her eyes were landing on the man outside, still hauling things to and fro.

"Who is he?" She asked, motioning her head out the window. She watched her brother's blue eyes glance in the direction.

"Him? Don't worry about him," Roman assured her with a forced smile," he's just a grunt. Sent to us by the council," he shook his head.

"I'll show you to your room," he changed the subject quickly, ushering Persephone out of the kitchen. He climbed the spiral staircase with his daughter firmly in his arms, Persephone not far behind as she tried to memorize everything about the cathedral.

Eventually, they stopped in front of a door at the top of the stairs after a short walkway. The brunette looked at the dark mahogany door. Persephone pushed the door open and stepped inside the scarcely furnished room. The light colored walls and vaulted ceiling made the room looked larger than it was. Her fingers ran up the wall as she walked around the room, finding herself at the large windows, which upon further inspection, swung open and gave way to Persephone's private balcony.