Prologue

People change. Feelings change. Ken learned the truth in that saying the hard way.He died a metaphorical death when Ahn told him no three years ago.

"I-I'm sorry."

Those two words killed him. But they were not enough.

"I-I like someone else."

What went wrong? He kept on asking himself. Was he not enough to make her happy? He went home without saying another word to anyone.

Masakit na pinaghintay siya nito ng tatlong taon para sa wala. Why did she have to wait for her debut to reject him? Para siyang tanga sa kahihintay. When all the while pala, may iba na itong gusto.

He didn't have to ask who. Alam na naman niya kung sino. And though it wasn't his entire fault that Ahn chose him, he couldn't stop himself from hating Paris.

Si Paris na noon ay in love din sa iba.

Si Paris na umagaw sa kanya kay Zaira, way before Ahn came into the picture.

Si Paris na kahit walang ginagawa, himalang nahuhulog dito ang mga babaeng ginugusto niya.

Everything became a mess after that night.

Rica and Iya began hating Ahn. The used-to-be-best friend at supposed-to-be-sister-in-law nito, kumampi sa kanya. He severed ties with Paris. Hindi niya tinanggap ang kahit anong paliwanag nito. Nagpakalayo-layo siya after graduating. He went to Canada to start a new life, away from her, away from his heartache.

He had no plans of coming back. He was even ready to change his citizenship. Mommy lang niya ang pumigil sa kanya. She begged him not to.

Tatlong taon na rin ang nakalilipas. And he thought he was finally okay with it. He's already with Aubrey anyway. It was not until his sister asked him to go home that everything just came rushing back.

Tatlong taon na rin niyang hindi nakikita si Ahn. Tatlong taon na syang walang balita rito. Tatlong taon na siyang nagmumukmok sa Canada, making himself believe that he's already over her. But just the thought of coming home, of seeing her again, overwhelmed him.

Dahil sa pagbalik niya sa Pilipinas, alam niyang mauungkat na naman ang lahat ng sakit.