stars, her, regret,remorse, beginning

Draco walked the halls of Hogwarts in the middle of the night, it was much quieter compared to the Slytherin Common Room, and that the stars were out and were very apparent in the dark.

Stargazing were one of his favourites, and down there in the dungeons, there were no stars to admire.

As he passed by a windowsill, he noticed that girl leaning over the glass like some kid. His eyes quickly fell over the amazement that was her hair, it was like a banquet of trees.

he slowly crept behind her, and was mesmerised by how the moonlight complimented her. and that smile...

He felt the quickness of his heart and a feeling of suffocation. She was very pretty, despite the dark colour of her skin.

What was her name?

His hand subconsciously raised and was about to tap her shoulder, when he regained clarity. He shouldn't disturb someone who was also admiring the stars, and that it was very wrong to crept over a girl.

He slowly retreated and walked away from the mysterious girl with a pretty smile.

And unbeknownst to him, that was the start of something beautiful but tragic.

***

Hermione Granger.

A pretty name, expected for someone as her.

His eyes were always trailing over her, dazzled to the point of talking about her was all he did and silently defending her.

She was very bright, stubborn and bossy.

He realised that they were very alike but alas very disparate. She was like the lost relic that he finally found.

But the downside was that she was kinda friends with that Weasley and Harry Potter, a Gryffindor and a muggle-born. and that--and everything else, makes him jealous of their friendship for each other and to her and Potter.

***

She was always in the library and sitting on the same spot for the pass 3 years, and watching her was becoming like a hobby for him.

And as she read over there, a familiar scene merged with the sight before him. The lights were the stars, and rather than the look of peace that night, she wore a look of pure concentration.

It was contradicting, but what can he say?

He didn't have the say when her called he that awful name. Remembering that day brought dread to his steel heart.

***

The darkness washed in his childhood home, as that man stayed here as well as the other Death Eaters.

He bought over a tray of tea to the room, as he entered the room. he first laid his eyes on the kneeling form of the girl his heart learned to love.

She was covered in leaves, dirt smudges and tattered clothes, then beside her was Harry Potter himself. His heart and mind were shaking as he stared at them.

His deranged aunt had asked him to confirm their identity.

What should he do?

He denied the identity of the two but had to watch his beloved tortured as his aunt ordered him to stay and watch.

Before, the moonlight always reminded him of the beautiful girl before him. but now, under the moonlight; her screams and eyes would forever haunt him. He saw his aunt looked at him smugly, knowing that he couldn't do anything other than standing there because she knew of his wavering will.

Her eyes held understanding and sympathy, as she looked him in the eyes.

Because Hermione always knew, that Draco Malfoy was not as evil as he liked himself to be, not braved enough to go against his father, but just enough love for him to save his mother.

Then she was enlightened on how similar they are.

In the end, Draco had ordered Dobby to take them out of the Manor as he distracts the others.

***

Years had passed and the long-awaited peace descended the wizards.

At 9 3/4, Draco saw her again. Still beautiful, and he was rather proud of her achievement as attaining Minister.

He had married his friend's younger sister and had conceived a son. She had married her best friend with 2 kids under their plane. 

The future was maybe not as he imagined it to be, but it would be the future he would cherish.

His first love would be the leader, and what greater future it would be if her views were to be imprinted all throughout the Wizarding History?