Chapter VI

What's it to me
If you love me or
Miss me or need me
When you are doing
Nothing to be with me

If you can't allow me to be
The love of your life I will be
The loss of your life instead

-rupi kaur

Was Bailee okay? No

Was Bailee okay? No. Was she gonna let it show? Hell no. After that night she had a bond with the purple haired auror that she had with no one else. After you break down completely and put all of your emotions out there it makes a bond.

She had her moment of weakness, now she was gonna be strong, just like her maman taught her. She wasn't gonna let this affect her. So she didn't.

It has been a few weeks since the young witch has been at headquarters and other than her breakdown it's been going great. Her and Bill have easily became very close friends these past few weeks, something that Fred and George are suspicious about, so naturally they need to get to the bottom of it.

You can always count on Fred and George Weasley to tease and taunt you about having feelings for someone, strangely enough that is not what happened to Bailee Poppy. No, the twin brothers were very subtle about it only asking a few questions until they can come to a verdict. So far they are just confused.

The brunette half-french was strong that was true and she sure as hell was not gonna let some red haired pillock make her cry. He has no power over her or her emotions. or so she thought. She tried very hard to ignore the pang in her chest whenever she would think of him in that way, it was a few days after her emotional break down so for now she chose to ignore this feeling.

The young Poppy girl was sitting in the kitchen doing summer homework from Professor Flitwick. The girl was good at charms but she was very good at transfiguration. "remember our first spell we ever learned?" bailee heard from behind her she immediately knew who it was.

"i do happen to remember." Bailee said to one of the Weasley twins

"wingardium leviosa" Fred said intimidating flitwick, while swishing his hand in the air. This made bailee chuckle under her breath

"such good impression skills" Bailee said sarcastically.

"i know i'm amazing" Fred said while sitting down next to her

"whats up?" asked Fred seriously

"what do you mean?" bailee said while laughing

"i mean with 'the golden boy' " Fred said as if it was so obvious

"what about him?" bailee asked getting slightly uncomfortable with the topic at hand

"c'mon bailee im your best friend and you can't hide things from me." He said again as if it was the most obvious thing in the entire world. Bailee really didnt know how to respond to that one. She couldn't just go 'oh im just totally and utterly in love with him'.

"Well you just did," Fred said while smirking and getting up, leaving the kitchen, shutting the door before shouting "I KNEW IT!" for the entire house to hear.

"You knew what?" Ginny screamed at her older brother

"Oh nothing" He responded while smirking and skipping off to no doubt find George and tell him. Bailee heard this whole conversation from the kitchen and chuckled to herself before turning back to her essay.

"So what did Fred know?" the voice of Bill Weasley broke her out of her train of thought

"Probably nothing, actually." She answered while chuckling, internally she was screaming at Fred.

"Yeah, or maybe he figured out how to finally make a product for that shop him and george are always talking about." he explained while sitting down next to her. "what are you doing?" he asked looking at the piece of parchment.

"oh, essay for flitwick. twelve inches to be precise." she answered while groaning and slamming her head on the table. This made bill chuckle and rub her back with sarcastic sympathy.

"oh no is bailee gonna perish from over work from flitwick?" he said sarcastically, This made her roll her eyes and slap him on the chest.

"Shut up" she mumbled while slightly smiling. It was moments like this that made the girl fall head over heels for this man, completely in love with him. Happy little memories with this man that would only ever see her as a little girl, Fred and George's best friend, and she had no idea how she was going to get over him. Would she ever? This is what upset Bailee the most she had no idea if she even had the power to ever get over him. She felt powerless. It was like her emotions were betraying her. There was just something about him that she couldn't place, something that made him different than every other man.

Bailee looked at him and felt her heart shatter whenever she thought 'he's thinking of a woman. Who isn't me.' There is a woman who will make him happy. Who will he will be able to take home to his parents and be proud of her. That girl.

The girl Bill wanted to take home to his parents. To be happy with. To share memories with. To share a home with. To declare his radicle love for her in a way he would drop down on one knee. To be able to see walk down the isle to him and them become one. To be able to shed happy tears when she kisses her new born baby and say to him 'your a dad'. The girl he wanted to do all of that stuff with was sitting right beside him.

And she had no idea. She had no idea that the man sitting next to her was completely and utterly in love with her.

Bill Weasley was in love with Bailee Poppy, and she had no idea.

Bailee Poppy was in love with Bill Weasley and he had no idea.

——————————————————————————
Published 02/20/19