Sleepless Nights

I'd been staying at the place, Mint Eye, that Ray called “Paradise”, for only a few days. He'd asked me to play his game, when he messaged me...as “Unknown”. He was already being so nice to me! Setting up a room for me, talking with me daily to check up on how I was doing with the AIs... bringing me flowers, too. At that point, I was sure he was an innocent guy that I could trust; an angel, actually...Each night, he'd chat with me on the messenger, asking if I was okay and if I needed anything. I only had one problem...Ray never really cared about himself. “I'm so weak,” Ray would say. Things like “I hate myself,” horrible things that I knew weren't true about him. I hated hearing Ray put himself down like this, I wanted to give him the same care and affection that he gave me. I liked everything about him.

I sat motionless in my beautifully decorated room. Ray had designed it so carefully and perfectly. Pale pink walls and roses surrounded me comfortably. A vase of flowers sat in the middle of the table in the room, filling the air with a sweet smell. I turned off all of my lights, and this showed the moonlight gleaming in through the window next to me. I was laid down in the comfy bed with my covers wrapped around me, and there was one particular person lingering around in my head. As always, I thought of Ray. The sweetest and most charming guy I knew...How much I missed him at that moment could never be explained. I pondered on whether I should say something to him. Give him a call, text, anything. I was unsure if Ray was busy or not. I craved to talk to him, even if it was still only a small meet. Most likely, he was doing something due to the fact that Savior had buried him in work, giving him very scarce time to be with me.

I picked up my phone, still not knowing what to do. I made a move and made the decision to text Ray. “Ray, do you have time to talk for a moment?” I asked. Instantly after, I held my phone close to my chest out of nervousness. Would he respond? Was he alright? So many questions popped up that made me worry for him. I felt my phone buzz, notifying me that Ray had actually responded! I read the text out loud to myself. The message said “I'm just about to finish my work for the night...Did you need something? Is everything alright?”

Worrying for me again, the same Ray I knew before. Again...he only cares about me, but never for himself. Before I got too carried away with my mind, I texted Ray again. “I can't sleep...All I can think of is you, Ray...I want to see you again.”...I wondered if he would decline my request or be right there by my side. “I want to see you again too, Y/N...I think that I'll be able to see you in a bit. Please give me a few moments and I'll be there as soon as possible...^^” I could already feel the same feeling I got whenever he was around me. A somewhat jittery, nervous feeling that still felt pleasing at the same time. I liked Ray a lot, but there's a word that gives it so much more meaning.

Love

It had to have been love.

I didn't want to flat out tell him without warning. I knew Ray well...he can sometimes be so surprised by some things. I wanted to put more emotion into the output. I would soon do that when I would later see Ray when I needed him most...

I excitedly answered my interest's text. “Of course. I'll wait just for you...” The chain of texts broke off for a few minutes, but that didn't change my feelings. Pretty soon enough, Ray finally gave me another sign. “I'm coming right now, Y/N.”

I eagerly sat up and waited for a knock at the door...Just as I was waiting, Ray was there at the door. The sound of his knocking echoed through my room. I sprung up and opened the door to see Ray, the one I wanted to see so badly. “Ray...” I whispered, leaning into his chest and putting my arms around him. He warmly smiled and did the same. “Y/N...” Ray spoke. I took Ray's hand and walked over to my bed, and he followed. “I missed you so much, Ray...Do you know that?”