Suddenly My Year Gets a Lot More Chaotic

Isabel Bastet's life was pretty normal, or as normal as it could be for a witch, for the first twelve years of her life. She got a tutor when she was little to teach her magic, which she then practiced with her mother, and she she learned and played with video games with her father.

Isabel's mother, Lady Cirrus, Sister of Lord Nimbus Heir of Bastet, was a witch from the ancient Bastet family, who had married her father, Robert Johnson who was a muggle, with their parents' blessings.

Isabel had gotten her Hogwarts letter at the age of 11, and had started her first year like any other witch or wizard, but with the knowledge of a fourth year. She had a regular year and aced her classes, but had only made one friend, a Griffindor named Polly, who transferred to Beauxbatons when she moved to France for her fathers job.

Second year started out normally. Isabel has been dropped off by her parents, waved goodbye and promised letters, and had sat down and started reading. Remembering that her parents had promised her that she could pick out an exotic plant at the end of the year, if she researched it and got good grades, so she had brought a few extra books to read for research on the plants.

On her way to Kenzie Sinopa, one of her semi close friends' compartment, she had kept the majority of her books in her book bag, which she had been experimenting on with an undetectable expansion charm. Unfortunately, due to an exploding confetti bomb that she was pretty sure was from one of the boys in her class, James Potter, the bag was covered inside with confetti, so she couldn't use it without getting confetti everywhere.

She had sat in Kenzie's compartment for a while, talking a bit, but mostly listening, until she had remembered that she had forgotten her book on the actual plants that she had been researching.

Grabbing her bag, she had hurried down the hall. Unfortunately when she got to her compartment her bag fell and the books spilled out. Stacking them into her arms, she hurried down the hall, crashing into someone.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry" Isabel scrambled to pick up her books. The dirty blonde haired girl who she had crashed into dusted off her skirt. "Nah, it's fine." The girl was looking at Isabel funny as if reading was not a common pastime for her. "Why do you have so many books?" "Oh? Why wouldn't I?" Yep. This girl definitely did not read much. "Reading is amazing! I'm reading up on different plant species because my mom said if I get straight As all year she'll buy me one!" Thinking about being able to get a Lumen tree or a Banian tree filled her with excitement. "Cool." The girl spoke in a questioning tone, as if she didn't know whether that was actually cool. "I'm Emma by the way! What's your name?" Emma said brightly, while piling the books on the top of Isabels stack of books. "Oh! I'm Isabel. Isabel Bastet." She shifted her books to her other arm and waved her wand with a silent hot air charm to dry off Emma. With a little wave backwards, she hurried off to put away her books and get changed into her uniform. That certainly was strange. She shrugged it off and focused on her book bag. She needed to get the confetti out of it.

Hello! What do you guys think? - 🐾