Until death do we meet

Just one more step is all it would take. One more and it would all be over. So one more step I took. One last step off the cliff. As I fell I wrapped my arms around myself and squeezed my eyes shut. As the wind rushed past me I whispered "goodbye". And then nothing.... black.

On July 17 2019 Ember Laresa, 15 years old, committed suicide by jumping off a cliff. We hope you find peace, Ember.

Nothing. There was nothing. It was neither light nor dark. There was nothing. "Heaven or Hell" A deep voice speaks out of no where. I look around confused and laugh. "Hello? God is that you?" My voice echos in the void.
" haha very funny. No I am not god. Now choose Heaven or Hell." The monotone voice says again.
"Why do I choose? What will it do? This is weird." I turn around in circles looking for the owner of the voice.
"Seriously. It's ALWAYS the teenage girls who ask ALL the questions. It doesn't matter what will happen just choose! Heaven or Hell?"
I think about it. What would Hell be like? Probably better than Heaven any way.
" I choose..... HELL! Yeet" I laugh
I hear an exasperated sigh then the voice says "hmmmm interesting."
"What? What's interesting?" But before I get an answer everything goes black again.

I slowly blink sleep from my eyes. I groan as I slowly sit up. The first thing I see is his face. A tall, skinny boy maybe a year or two older than me is kneeling in front of me. He has shaggy black hair, pale skin, cheek bones so sharp I could cut myself on them and his face a mask of shock. " finally.... finally some one else! Finally a friend!" He stutters. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me against his chest. I'm too shocked to react so I just sit there. His dark hair tickles my neck as he backs away avoiding looking into my eyes. When he does I realise his irises are black! Like they're just pupils. He smiles shyly and rubs the back of his neck nervously. "Sorry. It's just I umm haven't seen anyone in over 3 million years. Nobody chooses to come to Hell these days." I stare back at him, my expression blank. "OH! Sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. It's been so long since I've needed to. My name is Lucifer. But you can call me Lucy if you want. I go by other names too like Satan, The Devil, the King of Hell and other names like that." I feel my draw drop and hurry to regain composure. This was the Devil. I was meeting the Devil! Damn the Devil is Hot! I look him up and down and he laughs. He is wearing black skinny jeans and a black dress shirt rolled up to his elbows.
" oh. Um. Hi?" I say dumbly.
"So... what's your name? I've told you mine."
" uh sorry. My name is Ember."
"Ember... that's nice. Well, Ember, Welcome to Hell. Population, now, 2" he grins and stands up offering his hand to me. I accept and let him help me to my feet. When I'm on my feet I go to smooth my clothes but stop and stare. I had changed clothes. I didn't remember doing it but I wasn't in the tank and jeans I was in when I jumped. I was now in a sleeveless, floor length, plain, silk, black dress!
"H...how d..did I uh change?" I stutter.
He laughs " don't worry I didn't touch you. When someone dies and choose weather they want to go to Heaven or Hell their clothes change to suit where they are going."
Realisation dawns on me. "Ooooh. Ok."
Now that I'm standing I get a better look at my surroundings. We are standing in a dark cave with jagged rock walls, both ends disappearing into darkness. There is a dimly lit lantern on the ground next to us. He leans down and picks it up.
"Soooooo this is Hell huh?" I say
"Na. Well not really. This is the spawn point. When someone dies in Hell or chooses to come to Hell they spawn here. I, as the king, am always aware when someone spawns here. When I felt you arrive I came as soon as possible." He smiles kindly at me and I laugh.
"What?" He asks
" it's just I didn't expect Satan to be a skinny, grinning, teenage boy." I explain.
"Well 3 million years alone has changed me. And you have no idea how thankful I am for a friend."
We smile at each other.
"I mean if.... if you want to be my friend that is....... do you?" He looks at me expectantly.
I sigh.  " yeah, I'll be your friend."
" C'mon then!!" And he starts to run off into the dark. I laugh, joke up my skirt and follow. This was my afterlife. Living with the Devil....