Arc One:The Beginning

Everything on the street was quiet. Just one house seemed to have any life in it. Sherlock Holmes carefully put his violin into its case and closed the lid as quietly as he could. It made a muffled thudding sound.

He looked over to the man asleep across from him. His friend needed all the rest he could get. Especially after the last case. Holmes looked to the bandage wrapped around his friend's shoulder remembering the frightening experience.

His thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise from the floor below. That was never a good sound. His friend woke up with a start and looked towards the door that led out of their rooms. "W-what was that...?" He muttered, still half asleep.

Holmes was up, heading for the door. "I'll be right back. Stay here." He started down the steps, his guard up. "Hello?" Holmes called out, looking around. A movement from the corner of his eye caught his attention. He stiffened a bit, watching where the movement came from, ready to fight.

Just as the shadowy figure lunged at him, Holmes dodged to the side. Then he blocked the next attack and shifted his stance a bit. He prepared to launch an attack of his own.

John Watson looked warily towards the door at the noise. He started to get up, instinctively looking for something to use as a weapon. He grabbed the fire poker, wary. He truly hoped he wouldn't have to use it. The solider part of him told him if someone was threatening them, he'll have to use it, however.

Holmes tried to get the man in a choke hold to subdue him. The odd mask the man wore made it hard to deduce anything from his facial features. The only thing he could see was the eyes. They seemed cold, almost lifeless.

Holmes looked for any place to hit while dodging another punch. He made to give the man a good right cross. The man seemed to almost teleport away when he dodged and reached for something at his side. Holmes struggled with the man, trying again to subdue him. He went for another right cross to the man's head.

Once more his opponent seemed to teleport away in order to dodge. But, such an act itself was not just impossible, it was also beyond any sign of probably as well. It was just not possible or probable to move so fast that the eyes could not see any movement.

There was always some movement to give away which direction the person was going to move in. But with this man, there seemed to be none of those signs. It was as if he wasn't moving but dodging at the same time.