Chapter Twenty Eight: The Lightling Sisters

Sam put his toque in his pocket and leaned over the water to try and get a closer look at the reflection of his face. But then Sam heard a noise behind him, he turned to see that the two girls had landed their canoe on the opposite side of his island.

The two girls walked out on to the island while the others waited. They ran towards him waving and Sam stood up and began to walk over to get closer to them, he was very pleased when he saw that they had noticed him. But something unexpected happened.

They both stopped and bowed before Sam and then the young girl with green hair said the most peculiar thing to Sam.

"LyrAndal! It's me Tiya!"

Sam wanted to say that they had him confused with someone else but Tiya was very excited and she appeared to have something very urgent to tell him.

"LyrAndal I never expected Candillice to find you! But there is someone we must still find. . . the one with the gift!" Tiya said but just as she finished speaking to Sam who was looking rather confused Candillice fell out of the tree from above Sam and landed on him.

"Sorry Sam. . . . Where are we?" Candillice asked Sam.

"This is my Realm," Gleeya answered the question Candillice had just asked.

Candillice stood up off the ground and helped Sam up who had just broken her fall. He had grass and dirt all over his clothes and face, he began to wipe it off when he noticed his hands were human looking again and his fur was gone too. Tiya saw this and then looked back at her new friends in the boat and then to Candillice before she realized her mistake.

"I know this one. I have watched him grow," Gleeya proclaimed.

"Why does he seem like LyrAndal?" Tiya asked Gleeya. But they both seemed unsure of why.

"He has great power. . . It feels like LyrAndal to me as well," Gleeya replied.

"I feel the same but he is not LyrAndal. . . . How can this be?" Tiya said.

"He is the one with the gift," Gleeya answered. "The young boy I have foreseen! Candillice this was your task! And you have done well! But his task will be much greater and he will have much to learn, you must all do your best to aid him!" Tiya said.

Gleeya and Tiya then began to emit a very strong glow.

"We are the lightling sisters and we give to you this task."

Meanwhile back in the throne room the Queen and her generals had grown impatient waiting for Candillice.

"Perhaps she is too afraid to admit her failure," One of the generals suggested.

"Keep the doors barricaded until the Great Spirit's sorted them out I say!" Another replied.

"The temple is not a prison open the doors immediately!" Tafficious commanded.

"I think they have been in there long enough!" Queen TyrAnna said.

TyrAnna ordered the doors opened, she began to walk up the stairs accompanied by her generals and royal guards. Tafficious witnessed this so he gathered his council and loyal guardsmen to follow the Queen's entourage.

The Queen was the first to barge into the temple and she was not pleased at what she saw.

"What is this! The statue has been removed and there is nobody in sight!" She yelled. But she screamed when she noticed the pendant that was around Sam's neck laying on the floor.