The Wolf

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello?....Lennox honey where are you?” Lennox held the phone to her ear. Not bothering to speak first.

“Oh, hey mom Im in ‘class’ right now. Whats up?” she sighed.

“Did you forget what today is?” 

“No mom I didn’t. Im already dressed, I just had a very important lesson to teach.” 

“Couldn’t it have waited?” 

“No, this asshole is lucky its me who got my hands on him and not dad.”

“Oh Lord! What happened?” 

“I was picking Dahlia up from school and I noticed this creep following her and her little friends. I was going to leave it alone, I assumed he’d stop once I showed up but nooooo. This guy is a brave idiot. He proceeded to tell Dahlia that she had a sweet ass, and that she should let him teach her a few things. She’s 13 fucking years old she should not have a grown ass man shouting shit like that at her....”  Lennox’s rage began to resurface as she paced back and forth, her Christian Louboutin Ublot’s creating a sharp staccato that echoed throughout the warehouse. The man sitting in the only chair in the room began to whimper softly.

“Where are Peter and Hugo?” her mother asked. 

“They’re standing outside waiting for me. I have Shade and Ever with me so they knew Id be safe.” Lennox continued to pace back and forth her giant wolf dog Shade and her pit bull Ever echoing her steps. 

Her mother inhaled sharply “Alright...do what you must” she said “but I swear to god if you get one single drop of blood on that dress of yours there will be hell to pay.” Lennox laughed knowing damn well that her mother was not joking.

“I love you too mom and I swear I wont be late to your big night. After all I cant go making Americas Sweetheart look bad by having her oldest daughter show up late to her mothers premiere.” She hung up abruptly cutting off her mothers tinkling laughter. Lennox turned her attention back to the man in the chair coming to a stop directly in front of him. He had gone from a soft whimper to full blown sobbing in a matter of minutes.

“Look Lady I said I was sorry alright just let me go and I swear you’ll never see me again.” He managed to choke out between sobs. Lennox laughed genuinely amused by his groveling. 

“Look....” she stepped forward leaning toward him “what’s your name?”

“Curtis.” He replied his shoulders hunching forward in attempts to make himself smaller. 

“Look Curtis...”she sighed “It seems to me that were in a bit of pickle here. I don't for one second truly believe that I will never see you again. As a matter of fact if memory serves me correctly today is not actually the first time Ive ever seen you. You seem to have quite a penchant for lingering around my little sisters middle school.And while I would like to believe that you have a child that attends school there, I also happen to know that you in fact do not have any children. Period.”

“I said I was sorry. Please let me go.”

“Yea see I cant do that. I don't trust you. I don’t like that you hang around an all girls school and while I dont know what goes on in a mind like yours, I know Ive met that likes of you before and I refuse to allow my sister to have to deal with that the way I did.” A brief look of pain and sorrow crossed her face as she spoke on. “I also feel absolutely terrible because Ive been a negligent mother to my most beautiful companions her.” She continued, staring down at her beloved pets. “My poor babies haven’t eaten yet and as you could hear from my mothers phone call Im running dangerously close to being late to her movie premiere. So tell me Curtis, whats a girl to do?” Lennox said feigning concern. A light pounding on the door interrupted her thoughts.