Stephen Tries - positive

You stared at the piece of plastic on the side of the sink in disbelief. How did this even happen? Obviously you knew how it happened, but you thought you'd been safe. You and Stephen had always used protection. Oh god, Stephen. How were you going to tell him?

You and Stephen had been together for 5 years. You met when you were 19 and he was 20, when he awkwardly approached you at a club, half drunk and slurring his words, asking if he could take you on a date. You joked that you were 16, freaking him out, but laughed, told him the truth, and agreed to go on a date with him. Everyone around you would make comments saying how 'you've been together so long' and 'when are you going to get married and have kids' and the works. The truth was, of course you wanted those things, but you were young, you had time, you weren't rushing anything. And you'd both agreed that down the line when the time comes that you're both ready, then you'd do it.

Guess that was out the window now.

After staring at the two lines in front of you for what could have been hours, you hear the front door open.
'Baaack' Stephen shouts.
Shit.

'Y/N?'
You step out of the bathroom and walk to the kitchen, finding your boyfriend with a shopping bag full of snacks.
'I didn't know what you wanted so I just grabbed pretty much everything' he said shrugging his shoulders.
You let out a small laugh.
'Is something wrong?' Stephen asked, concern instantly flashing across his face.
'No, I'm fine, can we just find a film to watch on Netflix now please?'
He paused, and stared at you for a while.
'Sure' he said, still not seeming convinced.

You decided to watch some Russell Howard comedy thing. You barely knew what you were watching because you weren't paying attention. You were too distracted by what you had learned earlier.
While you were lost in thought, Stephen suddenly paused the tv. He slowly sat up, making you sit up too as you were laid on his chest.

'Right Y/N, what's actually going on? Normally you'd be pissing yourself at this and you've not even smiled. Is everything okay?' He said.
You sighed and turned to face him.
'Not really.. I mean.. nothings wrong it's just... I don't know how to feel because I don't know how you're going to react' you said, as tears began to fill your eyes.
'How I'll react to what?' Stephen asked.
You looked away from him and wiped away your tears. You were unbelievably scared that he wouldn't want this, and he would leave you, even though you knew Stephen wasn't like that.

'Hey' he said, rubbing your back and pulling you closer.
'Look at me. You don't have to be scared to tell me anything. I love you no matter what'.
You looked at him, and he held your face in his hands. Looking into his eyes you saw love, and you knew you had nothing to be afraid of.

'I'm pregnant'
There was silence.
You couldn't read Stephens face, there wasn't any tell tale emotion there.
'Stephen?' You said, the fear slowly creeping back.
Suddenly, he grabbed you and pulled you into a tight hug.
'Are you kidding?' He asked excitedly.
'No' you replied, ' look I'll prove it'.
You ran into the bathroom, with Stephen close behind you.
'Here' you said, as you handed him the pregnancy test.
He stared at it in disbelief, the biggest smile plastered across his face.
'How did this happen? I mean, I'm just so shocked, and, oh my god I don't know what to do with myself' he said happily.
'We're going to be parents Stephen' you said smiling, tears rolling down your cheeks.
'I'm going to be a dad' he whispered.
The moment was perfect, and peaceful.

'WOOOOOOOO' he cheered loudly.
You both started cheering and jumping around excitedly in your bathroom. After acting like idiots for a while, you went back to the living room and laid together on the couch, in a state of bliss. You decided to keep this moment for yourselves for now. You would tell your friends and family in the morning.

'Wait a second' Stephen said, waking you from your half-asleep state.
'What? What's wrong?' You asked.
'Who's the dad? He asked smirking.
'Shut up you big virgin' you laughed, rolling back over.