Meet Aria Archer

-Buzz Buzz-

I shoot my eyes open and shift my body, turning to my purple stoned nightstand. I raise up my arm to silence the piercing sounds coming from my phone. It's like a fire alarm came on, it never fails to give me a heart attack first thing in the morning. If I suddenly die, I know who to sue. I've been nothing but a loyal customer Apple! I plop back onto the bed and just stare at the wall for what seems like four more hours. It feels like: I wake up, eat, study, sleep and repeat. Though, I have amazing friends and a good family I still feel like there's something missing in my life. Romance. But at the same time, I'm fiercely independent so I don't think too much into it.

Sinking into my thoughts, I fail to hear the slamming of my door and the sudden touch of my roommate, dragging her body on top of mine. "Aria! Wake up. Aria!" I don't answer her, she then grabs a pillow and begins to repeatedly slam my face with it, of course it's very gentle. That's what I love about my best friend, Raina. She can be annoying, she's still my motivation to get up each morning. Raina shifts her head to the side to meet my gaze. "Are you dead? Come on get up or else we're going to be late." I let out a groan as I pull my body up and meet my eyes to the sun that is shining upon me outside the two large windows. "Ok. Ok I'm up, happy?" Raina jumps up and gives me a huge smile. "Very. Don't forget we have a test today! I know you will do well. I believe in you!" I nod my head. "Is everything ok, Aria?" No. "Yeah, of course. Don't worry. I'm going to get ready now. Now shoo shoo."

I see her out of my room and then smile to myself. Idiot. My idiot. I open up my white, walk in closet and decide what I should wear today. Sophisticated? Comfortable? Cute? So many choices! I decided to throw on my plaid high waisted skirt, black bodysuit with some black knee highs added on with boots. I did my makeup and hair into a fishtail braid. I swung my Betsey Johnson backpack over my back and jumped up so it would be straight, I swear this backpack is going to kill me one day from how heavy it is. I grabbed the cream cheese bagel that Raina made for me and grabbed my packed lunch that's on the kitchen counter. I met Raina at the door and she's already skipping outside. "Raina, we're going to class. Not a Got7 concert." She turns to me and beams a childlike smile towards me. "No but I bet you wish we were!" I laugh. "Of course! Oh my god, we would go crazy. Maybe one day we could meet them."

By saying that, I boosted her energy levels even more. Oh god. We're both 'undercover' fangirls. After we finish studying, we love to listen to music from all of our favorite bands and just rock out. We love watching videos of them too, it's honestly the most adorable thing ever. I really do enjoy spending time with her. We reach our class. I'm taking up fashion design meanwhile Raina is majoring in animation and graphic design. "See you later Ari!" I feel Raina's arms wrap around me, taking me into a tight embrace. I hug her back. "See you at lunch, love you!" I smile and go into the class. I pull out my sketchbook and begin to paint the picture in my mind onto the page. I'm thinking of a woman.

A woman in a white dress with diamonds traveling along the edge of the swirl that is twirling around the bottom half of the dress. The woman's hair is up in a bun with a few strands sticking out. She's imperfectly perfect, at least to me. I swing my pencil from left to right across the page, adding color and detail to where it's needed. "Very good, Ms. Archer!" My head slowly shoots up to see the teacher gleaming over the work that I am currently making. "I love the specific details about your work. It's very unique, keep up the good work and you can find yourself making it big in the fashion industry." I smile and politely nod. "Thank you very much for your words Professor. It is highly appreciated. I do my best to appreciate the art of it." "Very good." I try my best to work hard and although I do get praised for it, I still feel like something just is not right. I am missing something, I just do not know what it could be.

A group of two girls sit in front of me and turn their backs, their eyes meet my creation and they just scoff and roll their eyes. "You really think you can go far with that? It's unoriginal." I learnt to just ignore comments like that, I have heard it so much I've became almost numb to it. "Hey. Are you listening? You're losing your talent, don't lose your hearing too. Not that you had much to begin with." They both begin laughing. I can feel the anger rush through my veins. How dare they disrespect me like that? In class, I am known as the quiet, intelligent one but that leaves no room for me to be a pushover for anyone. "Let's see your work." I look up to them. "What?" Their mouths drop open at my words "You seem very concerned about my work, it's honestly so cute. I do not need you to be concerned with what I do nor my health. Let me ask, when was the last time you passed an exam? When was the last time the teacher even acknowledged you?" They both begin to exchange a face, shooting dirty looks at me. "Do yourself a favor and watch what you say to people. You're only going to make yourself look stupid in the end." They turned away from me at that. Bitches. One thing you should know about me, I won't ever take anyone's crap. I don't care who it is.