Chapter 1

As I walk through the endless hall, my foot catches something and I go flying. Everything I have in my hand scatters. Well, that's just great. Another perfect start to a perfect day.
As I gather my things, a shadow appears over me. Wonderful. Now someone's going to try and socialize with me. I look up to see a large blonde man standing there, holding out his hand. It's hard to tell whether he's a student or a professor.   
As I look up, our eyes meet, and my breath catches. his eyes are an icy blue, and there is a hard look on his face. He is wearing a white pressed shirt with a black tie and black business pants.
As I'm staring into his eyes, he clears his throat and speaks.
"Well are you going to get up or not. You look pretty strange sitting on the floor in the middle of the hall."
I am stunned by his thick German accent at first, then remember that I am at an international school. Obviously there are going to be foreign people here. I nod my head and, as I pick myself and my books up, someone down the hall starts shouting.
"Ludwig! Ludwig, we're going to lose our seat at lunch!"
I look over 'Ludwig's' shoulder to see a small, reddish-brown haired kid(?) running toward us, or toward Ludwig. He has brown eyes, and is also dressed nice, except his shirt isn't pressed. Ludwig turns around and says something in German to the other guy. He stops and looks at me, his eyebrows furrowed. Then a huge smile spreads across his face and he starts jumping up and down. He shouts something in Italian, and Ludwig sighs. He looks at me and says, "Felicano wants you to sit with us at lunch."
I look down at my feet and say quietly, "Sure." Ludwig starts walking, and Felicano goes after him. Sighing, I follow. This international shcool thing is really hard.