The Door With The Golden Crest

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom there lived a wolf pup with a scarlet head. Her family loved her very much and called her little red riding hood. Her grandmother was growing ever so ill so little red riding hood had the bright idea of gathering some liver for her grandmother. She set off on her journey to her grandmother's den and on her way little red riding hood stumbled upon a little girl whom she had no idea at the time was a huntsman in disguise.

The "little girl" asked the young wolf where she was off to and she replied, "I'm off to my grandmother's den with this liver to make her feel better".

Little red riding hood showed the huntsman the liver.

"Is your grandmother's den far off?" said the little girl who was the Huntsman in disguise.

"Her den is east of that hill, it's incredibly hard to miss," replied the young wolf as she pointed with her snout to a large hill covered in golden wheat.

After they were done talking the Huntsman ran as fast as he could to the grandmother's house, taking the shortest path possible. Meanwhile, the young wolf decided to hunt squirrels for her grandmother to feast upon. The Huntsman arrived at the den and there was a beautiful oak wood door which he knocked on: tap, tap.

"Who's there?" said the grandma in an old high pitched wiry voice.

"It is I, your granddaughter and I have brought you liver to feast on," said the huntsman counterfeiting al little girl's voice.

The wicked grandmother who wanted the liver replied, "Pull the bobbin and the latch will go up and you can come inside and feed me."

And so the Huntsman opened the door, entered and immediately killed the grandma wolf for bounty. After he was done disposing of the grandmother, little red riding hood came knocking at the door: tap, tap.

And in the best counterfeit voice, he could do the Huntsman said, "Pull the bobbin and the latch will go up and you can come inside."

Little red riding hood did as she was instructed. She came in with liver and two squirrels.

The huntsman saw little red riding hood come in and was hiding under a deer hide on the bed.

"Put the basket on that little log over there and come lay beside me in bed," said the Huntsman.

Little red riding hood did as he asked after placing the basket on the log she went to lay with whom she thought was her grandmother in bed and she was greatly amazed how different she looked. "Grandmother, what strong arms you have," said little red riding hood.

"All the better to hug you with, my dear."

"Grandmother, what big legs you have!"

"All the better to run with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big eyes you have!"

"All the better to see with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big hands you have!"

"All the better to hold my axe with."

Saying these words the Huntsman fell upon little red riding hood killing her. 

Later he collected his bounty at a nearby village for the people that the wolves had killed. 

The Huntsman also spoiled his family and himself with a wonderful feast of fresh liver, squirrel and wolf.