Chapter one

River's P.O.V:
I get so bored in class that I don't even pay attention. I look down at my pants and see a gum packet sticking out of my pant pocket. I pull out a piece of gum from my pocket.
"River Elliot" oof the teacher caught me.
I look up. " yessss?" I say shyly.
"Where did you get that gum?" She asked me.
"Well Um-" I say until my best friend Joaquin interrupts me.
"From me. I had some in my pocket." He says. Did Joaquin really just cover for me?
The Teacher goes back to teaching.
"Dude you didn't have to cover for me." I whisper to Joaquin because he sits behind me.
"Well your my friend, why shouldn't I?" He winks at me. My face turns red.
"Looks like some body has a crush on their best friend." My friend Scottie whispers to me. She looks behind her to see me. "No worries bro, I ship it." She says.
"Scottie!" I whisper.

After class like always Joaquin, Scottie, and I go to the plaza by the school. It's fun to go to the plaza during break. "Where should we eat today?" Scottie asks.
"I feel like Subway." Joaquin says. I nod.
"Y'all can go to Subway, I'll meet you there."
Scottie says.
"And where are you going?" I say.
"To Starbucks, I feel like a Pink Drink and a croissant right now." Scottie says.
"Do you guys want anything?" She asks
"I'll take a bagel." I say. "I'll have a Vanilla Frap." Joaquin says.
So Scottie walks off and it's just Joaquin as I.