Chapter 1.

It's  midsummer,   waves  are  splashing  onto  the  sandy  shoreline  and  I'm  filled  with  joy  as  every  sound  of  nature  occurs.   I'm  sitting  on  a  huge  rock  near  the  sea,  with  the  book  Divergent  in  my  hands,  excited  to  read  every  single  word,  happy  to  flip  the  pages,  to  find  out  more  about  the  characters. I  love  to  enter  their  minds,  connect  and  empathise  with  them  in  every  given  situation, Until  I  stop. The  last  page.  I'm  done.

My  name  is  Cara.  Cara  Rinstorm. It  sounds  a  lot  like  the  name  from  usual,  today's  movies,  the  beautiful  protagonist   inside  and  out,  the  hero  of  the  day,  but  really,  that's  not  who  I  appear  to  be. I  am  really  tall,  I  have  long,  brownish wavy  hair,  and  my  eyes  are  green. My  friends  say  my  eyes  are  my  second  best  face  feature , after  my  smile. After  quite  a  while  of  thinking  about  that, I  realized  that  my  smile  isn't  seen  that  often,  so  I  don't   know  where  they  got  that  one  from.

Every  since  I  was  a  little  girl , I  loved  mysteries  and  riddles. Unlike  other  6  year  olds  that  wanted  to  become  ballerinas  or    princesses  when  they  grew  up, I  wanted  to  become  a  detective. I  was  born  on  a  cloudy  October  day,  my  mom  told  me  that  just  when  I  was  born  all  the  clouds  left  the  sky,  and  it  was  baby  blue  again. That's  quite  a  funny  story  actually. Like  in  the  every  single  cliche  family, I  have  younger  siblings  and  they  are  amazingly  boring.  I  have  both  a  sister  and  a  brother. My  sister's  name  is  Everleigh,  and  my  brother's  is  Thor. My  mom  was   pretty  creative  when  naming  us  all, I  have  to  admit  that,  but  our  names  fit  us  perfectly, and  that  is  the  thing  I   like  about  them.

I  live  on  an  island  in  Nicalia,  which is  a  small  country  in  South  America. Nicalia  is  indeed  a  small  coutry,  but  it's  mostly  wild,  there  are  around  10  towns  in  total. The  island  I  live  on  is  fortunately  near  Eroste,  and  Eroste  is  one  of  the  bigger  cities  in  Nicalia. It  is  known  for  it's  beautiful  beaches  and  a  lot  of  boats.   It's  always  sunny  here,  the  summers  are  warm,  but  the  winters  are  too.  The  last  time  it   snowed  here  was  around  50  years  ago,  when  my  parents  weren't  even  born.
The  island  is  isolated,  even  though  it's  just  888  meters  away  from  Eroste . I  always  say  that,  because  I  remember  once  my  dad  told  me  that  it's  exactly  888  meters   away,  I  was  shook. It's  an  easy  number   to  remember. Not  many  people  know  about  this  island,  it's  just  a  mysterious  island  they  don't  want to  see, or  visit  at  all,  but   for  me  it's  totally  different.
I  grew  up  here,  and  I  love  this  place  from  the  bottom  of  my  heart. When  I  was  a  little  girl, I  used  to  go  to  the  woods  in  the  centre  of  the  island  with  my  cousins  and  climb  trees  for  fun. I  also  like fishing,  so  in  the  summer,  my  brother  and  I  always  go  and  fish  across  the  shore  of  the  island. The  sea  here  is  full  of  fish,  which  is  what  we  eat  every  Saturday,  the  day  that  my  aunt  and  uncle  come  and  visit  us. 

I  know  this  island  better  than  anyone,  because  I  got  lost  here  way  too  many  times,  and  after  I  got  lost,  my  dad  would  always  lecture  me  about  how  I  should  never  go  to  the  woods  by  myself,  but  I  still  to  this  day  like   to  go  there  to  lose  myself  in  thoughts,  or  clear  my  mind  about  something. That's  why  when  I'm  sad  or  mad  you  can  never  find  me  at  home.

I  close  my  book  and  feel  a  little  pain  in  my  heart,  because  I  can't  wait  to  go  to  Eroste  to  buy  the  second  book  from  the  trilogy,  and  we  don't  go  there  that  often  in  the  summer, but  when  the  school  starts, I  go  to  Eroste  every  day  to  school,  so  it  might  take  a  while  to   get  there. After  I  get  over  my  anger  that  I've  read  another  amazing  book, ( and  that  the  adventures  are  over  now,  because  even  if  I  do  read  it  again,  I'll  know  the  plot,  and  I  can't  expect  a  different  ending ) I  get  up  and  go  to  see  what  Thor  and  Everleigh  are  doing. After  a  while  of  walking,  I  spot  them  on  a  not  long  pier,  free  of  all  boats,  clear.
They  are  jumping  in  the  sea  in  different  ways   and  competing. I, being  an  almost  adult, don't  see  any  fun  in  that,  but  I  decided  to  join  them  anyways,  to   at  least  try.
The  smell  coming  from  the  sea   under   the  pier  is  kind  of  odd. It's  probably  because  they  haven't  cleaned  the  beaches  here  for  a  while. Not  a  lot  of  boats  come  here  to  this  pier  every  day, but  when  they  do,  no  one   cleans  up  so  it's  hard  for  the  pier  to  stay  clean.
This  island  is  quite  silent , there  are  barely  any  people  that  live  here  throughtout  the  whole  year,  and  all  of  the  people  I  know  for  sure  that  live  here  are  my  family  and  cousins.  We  lived  on  this  island  for  generations,  my  family,  their  parents  and  so  on. We  do  have  a  neighbor  that  isn't  our   family, but  she  rarely  comes  out  of  her  house  in  the  first  place. I  walk  to  the  pier  and  as  soon  as  Thor   sees  me , he  starts  talking,  he's  always  like  this. Always  has  something  to  say.
- Yo  Cara, try  to  do  a  backflip. - It's  Thor,  he  is  always  the  one  to  challenge,  but  never  accepts  the  challenge  if  it's  thrown  at  him.
- And  why  would  I  do  that? - I  reply.
- Why  not?  You  always  show  off  as  an  amazing  sportswoman, let's  see  if  you're  up  for  a  challenge. -
- Hell  yeah,  but  I'll  need  some  time,  because  the  only  thing  I  know  now  is  how  to  jump  normally.You  know?  With  my  legs  going  before  me? -  I  tease  him  a  bit,  just  like  any  other  sister  would.
- You've  got  time  until  we  go  home,  good  luck.-
I  was  never  a  quitter. Whenever   a  problem  hits  me,  I  hit  it  back  harder. Ever  since  I  was  young, I  didn't  stop  something  when  I  was  tired, I  stopped  when  I  was  done. And  I'll  do  this  freaking  backflip, he'll  see.
- I'm  bored  of  this.-  Everleigh  says    after  a  while  of  jumping.
- Me  too. And  the  sea  smells  weird. -  Thor  adds.
- I  guess  you'll   leave  me  then,  won't  you?-
- Yeah,  we  will,  good  luck  with  that  backflip. -
I  decided  to  stay  for  a  while,  when  Joey  came  all  of  a  sudden. Joey  is  my  second  cousin, and  he's  a  great  friend  of  mine  as  well.
- Yo,  what  are  you  doing  here? -
- Trying  to  do  a  freaking  backflip.-   I  reply.
- Oh,  good  luck  with  that. -
- Well  wow,  thank  you  for  the  motivation.-
- No, but  for  real,  it's  high  tide, you  know,  so  it  makes  it  harder  to  jump  high  enough  to  do  the  whole  backflip.-
- Yeah, I  guess...But  I'll  still  try.-
- You  can't   really  break  the  laws  of  physics   you  know... -
Joey  was  always  amazingly  smart,  he's  a  tall,  blonde  guy,  with  an  amazing   jawline  and  quite  wide  shoulders. He's  16, a  year  older  than  me.  All  the  girls  from   school  fall  for  him  and  want  him  to  notice  them,  but  what  they  don't  know  is  that  I  know  there  is  a  girl  he's  interested  in. Her   name  is  Grace. She is  actually  a  great  friend  of  mine,  and  when  he  saw  her  with  me  one  day  in  school,  he  instantly  fell  in  love  with  her. He  really  doesn't   fall  in  love  easily,  but  I  guess  she  was  different.