Title your Story Part

*

"Fucking bitch!" I snarled as I walked back into my office "Five campaign pitches and not one of them accepted!" I slammed my office door closed and threw myself into my desk chair. I immediately picked up my wireless earpiece and dialed Cade's extension. He was the only other member of our team that would feel my pain and frustration.

"Cade Robin-"

"Five fucking campaigns Cade, five and not one of them chosen by that witch!" I spat out, interrupting him.

"Only 3 minutes this time Gina, I'm impressed. You do know that the time gets shorter and shorter after each meeting." Cade chided.

"Don't be an ass. You know I work damn hard on each of those campaigns to present to her and the rest of the associates. I hate that she has the final say in which one the company uses. I was sure Hartman and Lovell wanted this last one and the two before this one as well." I was shouting into the phone. The secretary positioned outside my office door could surely hear me, which meant I would be office water cooler gossip tomorrow.

"Honestly Gina, do you expect anything less? You know that she can't stand another woman as competition and you are that for her. Hartman and Lovell only go along with her because they both want in her skirt. Did you see the way they both were staring at her ass every time she turned around and wrote figures on the board?"

I spun around in my chair and looked out the window to my office. All I could see was cityscape. I closed my eyes and started to rub my left temple. I could feel a headache brewing. I stood up and crossed my office to my mini fridge and took out a bottled water.

"We're still on for dinner and drinks after work, right?" Cade asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to need a few drink-my-anger-away martinis. Where were you thinking?" I popped 2 ibuprofens into my mouth and washed them down with the water.

"D'Marco's? I know you love the chicken marsala."

Cade knew me all too well. "That's fine. I'll meet you there at seven?"

"Works for me Gina, promise me if Mariah the Bitch waltzes into your office you won't say anything stupid?"

"I promise. I'll see you at seven." Cade disconnected our call and I sat back down at my desk. It was Friday and almost four thirty. I only had a half hour more of work before I could technically call it a day. After today's staff meeting, I really didn't feel like doing much work. I opened my laptop and signed into my email. There were a few emails from clients, nothing that couldn't wait until Monday. I sighed and closed my laptop. I was so glad that I had someone like Cade to help me unwind after a crappy day. We both got hired the exact same week, each applying for the same job. The company decided that we were both equally qualified for the position and hired us both. We bonded immediately. I was Cade's "Work Wife" and he, my "Work Husband". We did most everything outside of work together. Dinner, movies, shopping, hanging out, running. It was almost like having a boyfriend without all of the extra emotional garbage that came along with being involved with someone.

My cell phone chimed and as if on cue, a text notification from Cade popped up on the screen.

Cade: Do you want me to pick you up?

Me: Sure... That way if I drink myself into a drunken state I won't have to drive. Best. Work Husband. EVER!

Cade: You just want to ride in my fancy car. ;)

Me: Of course. I have standards. See you later sweetie!

Picking up my bottled water, and taking another drink, I was thankful that my headache seemed to be disappearing. I looked at the clock on my cell, four-forty five. Soon time to go. I starting getting my stuff together, mentally making sure I had everything. I could get some work done this weekend and I didn't want to have to run back into the office for anything over the weekend, which made me think of something. I picked my cell back up and texte Cade.