Prolouge

No one goes to the east side of town. And for good reason, too. There are things there that you can't find in other places on Earth. But that doesn't mean that they're worth looking into.

In the center of the east side there's a 50 story building. Just like the rest of the area it is abandoned. Well that's what people say. People go to the other side to relieve themselves of troubles that have been inside them for years and come out.............. different. Or they never come out at all.

********************************************

"Hey I heard Etizoni went over to the east side again today."

"Really? That's the fifth time. The guy's gonna get himself killed!"

"Or worse. Don't you hear what happens over there? Someone or something catches you alone and messes with your mind. Sometimes it kills you. But the dead are the lucky ones."

"Dude you're on crack."

"I'm not kidding! A friend of mine went over there with someone and he was the only one that came out. He's been in therapy for almost two years. I'm telling you there's something not human about it."

"Why don't you ask Etizoni?"

"Do you think I haven't? He never says anything. He just.......... I don't know. I heard he goes to the center every time though. He's not stressed up there. I heard his parents beat him."

"No way. I haven't heard that. Hey.......... don't tell me you're thinking about going to the east side? I don't want you to do anything stupid."

"But I am going. I'm going tonight."

"Did Etizoni-"

"No. HE invited me."

*******************************************

Alvord is famous for its east side, but it's west side is almost equally peculiar. Students with chilling pasts and painful regrets seem to swarm to the city looking for answers. But all they find is more pain. But then they hear about the east side.

"There are people there who can help you. They'll take your troubles away. I've seen them do it."

"Dude, did you hear? Someone's about to figure out why the east side was evacuated! Since, you know, no one would talk when they left."

And when people do come back all they can say is one thing.

"I have seen Lucifer's army. They are coming for us all."