Makoto x Haru

Scene: free! Eternal summer Season 2 Episode 9
When Haru wakes up from his nightmare

Haru's POV

What is this?
Am I sweating?
But why?
What did I dream?
Oh right...

All my friends were there. They all wanted to cheer me up but I didn't want this.

Then in the next scene I was standing on the racing drive. I looked around and all I could see were many people with a blank expression on their faces.

And then there was this signal from the speaker. In the next time it was all quiet, I looked up and saw noone.

I heard someone behind me, it was a Scouter with widen eyes who screamed at me that I have to show everyone my best performance. I slipped away and fell backwards into the abyss. And then I woke up.

Why can't everyone just accept that I don't want to be scouted I just want to swim for myself and not for anyone else. Oh, and for my friends I can't deny that I kind of like to swim with them.

Arggggh

Whatever, how late is it now?

I rolled my eyes and looked at the alarm clock, it was almost 4 am.

Okay now is not the time to be worried about this. I just need the rest for tomorrow. I mean of course today...

But I couldn't. I nearly lay there for half of an hour.

I really can't do this. What if this also happens like in my dream, and I'll fail...

Of course, it doesn't really bother me what other people think. But I care what I think about myself.

I was so overwhelmed from my own thoughts that I haven't noticed I had started to breathe heavily to withstand this pressure.

I turned my gaze to Makoto.

"Makoto? Are you asleep?" I asked quietly. Well of course, he never wakes up but he looks a bit cu.. Wait what? Stop Haru.

I have seen him often sleeping because he is mostly the last one who wakes up. So please just get rid of these strange thoughts.

I got up and went to Makoto's bed and I poke softly in his cheek. "Makoto? Please wake up. Makoto!" After I said his name a bit louder he slowly opened one eye. He rubbed it and yawned. Then he looked at me and asked me sleepy "Hey, is something the matter? It is past 5 o'clock why are you up yet?" I looked at my lap. I couldn't gaze him. "H-Haru?"

After he said my name so gently, my eyes began to fill up and my body was trembling. Then I looked up, straight into his eyes. I could tell he was a bit shocked of my expression.

"I can't swim today. I can't. I had this nightmare before that I barely drowned in the water. Maybe I'm too afraid of the water. I can't stand this pressure. I don't harm them. Why couldn't they all just leave me alone?" After I took one, two breaths I calmed down.

I looked to the side "I'm sorry man. Maybe I'm just nervous. Forget about it."

I wanted to stand up, but Makoto had hold me down on my wrist and pulled me into a tight hug.