Weird Chapter that I just sorta wrote lol

I walk into the restaurant to get a bite to eat with my friend Beth and her boyfriend. "This is the best diner ever! And its local!" I shout. Beth scoffs and rolls her eyes. I frown, "you don't think it is?" Did I say the wrong thing, am I weird?

"This is the worst diner ever. The fries are always burnt, and the eggs are under cooked and its just super gross." Beth complains. I scoff now I get it, Beth is only saying this to impress her boyfriend, because 1. The fries are flavorful and crispy in a good way 2. She orders under cooked eggs 3. It's the cleanest place ever so it's not gross.

Her boyfriend laughs, "C'mon babe it can't be that bad if Mallie loves it you guys always eat here." I nod, and he nods too. Beth just scoffs and walks in. We laugh and mimic her scoffing and walking in. "A table for three please." The seat giver nods and escorts us to our seats.

"So, what are you guys getting I'm getting a double Decker cheese burger with fries!" I say. I look through the menu again just in case I change my mind.

"I'm getting a triple Decker bacon burger!" John says proudly. I laugh, and fake push him. He laughs, and fakes push me. I can feel Beth staring at me. I didn't want to give her the wrong idea, so I stopped.

"I'm getting a salad, unlike you pigs." Beth says rolling eyes at us. Me and John look at each other and rolls our eyes playfully. Than we start to tease Beth by scoffing and rolling eyes at her. I think she takes it the wrong way. "Why don't you just break up with me John and go with Mallie because you guys make the ugliest couple ever!" she shouts. I than take it the wrong way.

"Hey! We are not ugly, and we were just joking! Don't you get a joke! Also, I am your friend I would never take your boyfriend, like you did to me!" I say sobbing because I'm sort of self-conscious so being called ugly is hard for me. John hugs me and glares at Beth. She sighs, she must feel guilty.

"Mal, I'm sorry I didn't mean to take my anger out on you and I'm sorry about 7th grade and boyfriend." John looks up at her surprised he probably thought we were joking. He scoffs and says in a cold voice.

"You are so low Beth. I'm breaking up with you. Don't ever talk to me again." Beth runs out of the restaurant crying. I feel guilty but also, I feel happy. John suddenly turns to me. "Mallie I've always loved you more than Beth you always make me laugh and brighten my day when its dark." Wait, is he really doing this right now? I smile I've always liked him to, but should I betray Beth she did apologize. No, I've been under her spell to long. "Mal, will you be my girlfriend?" He finally said. I nod, and he smiles and kissed me on the lips. At first, I'm tense but then I loosen up. I want it to go on forever but then our food arrives. Talk about bad timing. I put Beth's food in a container. I'll give to her as an apology. We finished our food than he drove me home because he didn't want me to walk again. "It's too dangerous." He said. I smiled it's nice to have someone who cares about you.