Preface

Nearly fifty years has passed since the battle of Hogwarts ended the second wizarding war, and in the time since, things have changed vastly. Now, there was technology in the muggle world, and new threats were introduced to the wizarding world and everyone within it.

Like me.

A muggle born orphan from the United States, left on the Hogwarts Express by a muggle who was the only person willing to step forward to foster me. Elena Gilbert taught me all there was to know about the wizarding world in the nine months I stayed with her. She introduced me to her friend, Bonnie, a witch who was raised in Ilvermorny, one of eleven wizarding schools on the planet. She taught me little tricks, and ways to conceal my powers before she and Elena dropped me off on platform 9¾ at Grand Central station when I was eleven years old.

As soon as I made it onto the Hogwarts Express, I was the only object of attention. Everyone had their eyes on me, and I didn't understand why until I found out that everyone in the Wizarding World knew about the orphan baby in the muggle foster system who almost exposed every secret they've been hiding since the dawn of time.

Now, here I was, sitting at the Slytherin table in the Hogwarts dining hall, six years later.

"Attention students!" Shouted our headmaster, professor Longbottom, his withered hand in the air as he silenced the great hall completely, as he always did. He was respected, but sometimes he was too nice and it made other people in power look down upon him because they think he allows his students to get away with things, but the truth was that we never tried to get away with things because we were all happy with what we had. "Today is a historical day for the students of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry." He explained as he walked back and forth in front of the long table at the front of the great hall.

"What on earth could the man be on about this time?" My best friend, Cheryl rolled her eyes as she sat down beside me suddenly, making me ignore her as she reached onto my plate to steal a fry.

"Today, is the beginning of a new school year filled with wonder, beauty, and beautiful memories." He explained before sighing and looking around. "Now that the first years are all sorted, we can get to business." His arms fell behind his back as he began to pace in front of the semi empty, extra long table. "As you all know, the advancements in technology have made it very difficult for the magical world to remain a secret with its growth and relaxed standards on secrecy." He explained before clearing his throat. "Our world is slowly becoming exposed with each passing 'tweet' and 'snap' sent into the unforgiving space of the internet of us by the muggles of today, and the Ministry for Magic has come up with one solution." He cleared his throat and looked around to prepare himself for the rest of the announcement. "Hogwarts will be hosting the revival of the biggest, most dangerous tournament in the history of the Wizarding World!"

"It can't be!" Gasped Cheryl beside me as she tossed her red locks over her shoulder to get a better look at the professor in front of us.

"This year, Hogwarts is Hosting the Triwizard Tournament!" He exclaimed, and immediately, the room erupted in hisses and whispers around us, overshadowing Professor Longbottom's presence before he shouted above everyone.

"Silence!" Boomed his voice, quieting every last voice again so he could speak again. "Everything you have read about the games from three hundred years ago, or even the last time the games were played 54 years ago, should be forgotten." He explained before beginning his march across the front of the hall again, "This year, every school in the world will be competing, and the prize is no longer the triwizard cup." He paused to look around at the reactions of every petrified student, "This year, champions are competing to save their school from extinction." Nobody dared speak... I knew that a pin could be heard if it fell in this great room, everyone was too afraid to speak.