Hood Lemonade 3 - Chapters 1 - 5

Chapter 1

Nalisha

I was safely hiding out at the lush, Loews Hotel, an upscale oceanfront resort on Miami Beach. I'd checked in under one of my false identities, Shanice Brown, with identification to match.

I had cabin fever. I hadn't left my room since I'd arrived three days ago.

I knew that South Florida was the last place I needed to be, too many people knew me.

Being that I had no choice, Miami Beach, was the safest place.

Its people were full of selfish ambition, blindly living life in their own lane, not paying any attention as we passed one another like ships in the night.

The Tiffany Infiniti aviator sunglasses and auburn wig I wore in disguise, aided in my plight.

I was a wanted woman and just needed to get to my safe deposit box up in Fort Lauderdale. Then, I could get the hell out of dodge.

My money was running out. I was spending from the last ten thousand dollars in my possession. It had been a long time since I'd been that broke.

I'd gotten accustomed to a lavish lifestyle, and even in fleeing, my spending was frivolous. I had to come up with a plan to get to my safe deposit box undetected.

Nearly three months had gone by, yet still my picture was being blasted over television waves everywhere as the woman who tried to murder the superstar, Mink.

The world knows her as Mink, but I know her for exactly who she is. Plain old goddam Jamika Tyler. I had long awaited the opportunity to get back at her for all the turmoil she's caused in my life.

At one time, we were best friends. We had similar talents and goals. We shared everything with one another. We both could sing like nobody's business and were destined to become superstars.

I was there for her crazy ups and downs, all of her heartbreaks and dysfunction.

Her family had many dark secrets.

Secrets that I never told anyone. I was even there when her crazy ex-boyfriend Zahrice killed our dear friend, Quinton, at our Homecoming dance.

I was the one she could count on and still in the end, I am the one she betrayed.

I was her only true friend in high school. We were like sisters back then. We'd graduated, and life pulled us in different directions.

Different directions that led our lives to still somehow overlap. She'd never had a friend like me, yet this is how she repaid me.

Oh yes, I wanted a long and painful death for her.

I am still fucking pissed that she lived. It would be much more satisfying, me running from the law, if at least she was six feet under.

I don't know how this even happened. Her and her fine ass husband Mark, both appeared dead when I left them.

I should have just shot that bitch in the head.

She took the heart of the one man I'd every truly loved. And then, sent him to prison for the rest of his natural life.

Chapter 2

I met my one and only love, Dennis Walker, my very first year at Florida A & M University.

I was an ambitious and talented freshman. My major was Music Education with Music Performance, as my minor.

My short-term goal had been to teach music, my long-term goal was to break out into the music industry and become a singer.