A Dream Come True

"Come on Ashley. Where are you taking me??" I asked her. The laughter in my voice was obvious along with impatience. I didn't plan on spending my saturday being led blindfolded by my best friend to Lord knows where.

"Relax Chloe. We're close." Her anticipation makes me even more nervous until finally, we came to a stop. "We're here." I took off my blind fold and gasped. I had no idea where i was but it was beautiful. Tulips lined the walls that seemed to be made of fences and vines and lights all intertwined. Set up and spaced evenly my brother, mother, father and two other friends were standing there, waiting for me with more tulips in their hands. Light music was playing and I smiled as i realized it was my love songs playlist and that only one person was capable of all of this. Sadie. I walked down the path collecting the tulips and listening to After You by Meghan Trainor. It was my absolute favorite love song. Once I had reached the end of the path and had a bouquet of my favorite flower, there she was standing and smiling that goofy, adorable smile.

"Do you like it?" Her voice made my smile wider than it already was.

"I love it Sadie. It's so beautiful." She laughed and smiled at my amazement.

"You're beautiful. I'm glad you love it. I wanted to make this memorable." She took me by the hand and stared at me with her beautiful eyes that shone brighter than the stars in the sky. "Chloe Princess Woods, will you go to senior prom with me?"

     I giggled at her and said "You know my middle names not princess right Sadie Pagan??" I continued to laugh but grabbed her hand again. "Of course I'll go to prom with you my lady knight in shining armor." I grabbed her hand and placed it around my shoulder as we walked back down the path and on our way home. "Now what i wanna know is how you're going to top this when you propose." I commented laughing at how flustered she got.

     "See um. I thought I'd let you do that." Sadie said sheepishly. I laughed and stopped her to look into her eyes again.

"I love you Sadie." I told her. And i meant it. At that moment i could not be happier.

"I love you too."