Author's Note

Hello!

I wouldn't say this is the first story I have posted on Wattpad, though this would hopefully be the first one I would invest my time and effort in. This is the first of a planned series of books called Fading Embers- the story of a desolate continent shrouded by dangerous Mist, and more importantly, those who reside within it. It is set in my shared universe of Jordarys.

In this story, I would be collaborating with my friend, Fiona_jessie. We will be taking turns writing the chapters, so I would hope any writing style differences would not detract you from the story so much. We will try to keep it as uniform as possible, but of course it would be hard to do when there are two people with very different writing styles and very different brains.

This story draws inspiration from several other works, such as Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, the video game series Dark Souls, and Warcraft. You might find some similar themes to them, though of course we try to put our own twists into this story to make it our own.

Neither of us are native English speakers, so do let us know if we have made some grammatical errors or punctuation errors. We apologize in advance for any mistakes we might make. 

Please also vote for the story if you like it, and leave comments on what you like or dislike or anything about the story. It encourages us to know when our stories are being read!

The wonderful cover is made by the amazing BlacksmithGraphics !

------------- Disclaimer and Content Warning -------------

This book contains depictions of violence and alcohol. There will be no explicit sexual scenes- the furthest depiction of intimacy would probably be a kiss, although characters may make vague innuendos. All characters and settings in this story are purely fictional, and are not meant to offend anyone in any way. The characters of this book may also show discrimination, but do note that none of these reflect the writers' real views. We support equality <3

Thank you very much, and we hope you will enjoy the story!