Dress

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Chiffons, satins, cottons and many more fabrics lined the racks of the store. Accessories were sealed behind glass cases, and shoes were stacked upon glass shelves; everything seemed to sparkle.

(F/n) covered her mouth with her right hand as she tried to laugh quietly since Hana and she were in the bridal shop now, awaiting their appointment time. Lunch had been enjoyable, and (f/n) had learned a series of funny stories featuring her fiancée. From the rose eating to painting his room walls with blueberry and blackberry juice, he had been quite the active child, and the many stories made it hard not to tease him when she called him next. Thankfully, though, Hana had agreed to the cake idea. Now, however, Hana just had finished telling her about how Edmund had clung to his father's pants until his father had seated him upon his lap and bounced him. That had been a phase of Edmund's since he had been two and until he had lost his parents. The younger's laughter quieted down at that remembrance.

"Hana, do you mind telling me what had happened, or what they had looked like if you don't mind of course?" Her voice was soft, and she glanced to Edmund's aunt only a little bit.

Hana's chuckling fell silent before a light sigh past her lips. "I don't mind, and you should know." She crossed her hands on her lap. "His parents had been killed in a convenience store theft. While I had been watching him, they had gone for an evening movie together, and they had stopped at a convenience store on the way back to pick up some food and treats for him since Edmund had liked the pastries at that store. A man had come in with a knife, and his father had tried to stop him. Things had taken a turn for the worst, and the clerk had managed to escape and call the police while his parents had been ... well, distracting the man." No words left (f/n), but she rested her right hand on top of Hana's left and squeezed it. An appreciative smile touched the elder's lips. Another sigh left the elder. "Edmund hadn't talked too much for the rest of that year. He also had followed me everywhere, but I hadn't minded. I had known that he hadn't wanted to lose me too."

Meeting (f/n)'s gaze, Hana wrapped her hands around (f/n)'s tightly but not uncomfortably so. "If he does seem ever like he's trying to keep you away from the world, just know that's the reason why. He's scared of losing you, and he just wants to keep you safe."

"It's fine. I understand." A smile touched the younger's lips. "And, it hasn't seemed like that. I mean he's been trusting me to stay on my own mostly while he's away." Slowly, his aunt nodded, and hesitation greeted her blue-hazel eyes briefly before it vanished. It was a peculiar response, but (f/n) reassured herself that she was over-thinking.

"As for what they had looked like, Bernard had the same hair color as Edmund, but his eyes had been a dark green. My sister, Lita, had green-hazel eyes and the same hair color as me. They had cherished Edmund so much, and even as such a young child, he had picked up on that easily." Hana gave (f/n)'s hands another squeeze. "Again, though, just know that he's going to do his best to keep you safe. You will have nothing to worry about."

"I know. Thank you. And, he's been keeping me safe presently too and before we had started dating even. He had helped me through the death of my ex and when I had discovered that my ex had been cheating on me. Emotionally, he had kept me safe by giving me the support that I had needed then. I couldn't ask for a better fiancée, Hana."