Moon (I)

Narration:

There is a Kree genetic prophecy that says "there will be an "anomaly" in the Kree's genetic alterations of their human test subjects; this anomaly will be able to withstand much and ultimately become the bringer of destruction of the Kree and their supreme intelligence.

This prophecy was why the Kree stopped experimenting with human DNA in their infinite quest to create the "perfect species" in their image that would not only be the ideal soldier and weapon but be the future of the universe. They envisioned a universe built like them so no other species from any galaxy would be able to overthrow them.

In their fear of this prophecy coming true, they stopped all experimentation, destroyed all the planets that their new altered civilizations inhabited (Pluto, Jupiter, and Neptune; Earth escaped the list thanks to the Earth's ancient sorceress order (the same order that eventually will be led by Dr. Strange).

Those that had already been created forged a civilization and lived within the city of Attilan; the Kree called their creations; Inhumans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location: Metropolis

Year: 2035

The commotion could be heard throughout all of downtown Metropolis. The citizens knew that after six o'clock you stayed inside, bolted your doors, pulled your curtains and kept a weapon close. That was the way it had been for nine years, nine long years. Superman's absences plummeted the city into a dark age. His leaving gave the crime lords confidence to not only take their operations from underground but to expand. Everything was in disarray, drugs were more visible than ever, guns were everywhere, and violence was at an all-time high. It was bad.

The consensus was split into those who thought Superman had abandoned humankind, those who thought he was dead, and those who believed he'd been taken by others like him, from his planet. No one knew for sure, regular society missed him, but the criminals reveled in his absence. For years nothing changed, the police had their hands full with the crime they already couldn't stop, and now they had more crime, more problems and no one to help them. Everyone said it in secret; they missed Superman, they admitted they took him for granted, realized he was not their enemy, but it was too late. He didn't return.

In his absence, everyone wanted to know who would step up, who would help? Someone answered the silent pleas. One day a year after Superman's disappearance the city of Metropolis encountered the worst attack since the attack of Zod. This enemy was unseen; instead, he controlled others, forcing them to do his bidding, making them carry out unspeakable acts. He was merely called Brainiac. The more chaos they caused, the more their humanity slipped leaving them as empty electronic shells who only sought to cause pain. That was when someone stepped in and fought back. No one ever saw their face; they were never caught on camera or in picture, the bad guys just either always ended up dead or patiently waiting to be apprehended by the police.

Slowly the whispers began about Metropolis having a hero again. Unfortunately, these whispers only made the criminals grow bolder.

*********

A loud explosion went off in the heart of Metropolis and with that explosion went two mom and pop stores. The glass in their window shattered, and their aged brick facades crumbled. The culprit stood in the middle of the chaos of destroyed buildings, overturned cars, blazing flames and under the intense focus of the police helicopter spotlights. The perp looked up to the two helicopters, shouted out loudly and ran to a mid-rise building across the street. It leaped onto the side in an attempt to use the building as a stepping stone enabling him to swat away one of the helicopters. Seeing the perp's intended plan, with the quickness of the wind you dropped down from the top of the skyscraper you stood atop watching the madness unfold. Before the villain could succeed with its plan, it looked up to see the force of you falling to him. You allowed gravity to take effect and helped it along by bringing your might down with you dropping the culprit to the hard asphalt beneath you. As its body collided with the pavement, it shattered leaving a deep crater with him in the middle.