Chapter 1

2/12/2035

The year is 2035, android assistants have become commonplace in every part of the world, mostly within the school system.

The decrease in available school therapists has thrust the demand for androids into high gear, within 5 years, every school has become legally entitled to own at least 3 therapeutic android models, known solely as the APS977 models.

With such high demand of the highly capable androids, it's really no wonder opposing governments decided to use them for military assistance replacing armies completely.

Thus, spiraling the world into determined destruction.

Starting today.

The girl woke up at 6:45AM sharp, never late, never early, her beady brown eyes widening in consciousness as she propped herself upon her mattress, yawning slightly before standing up and walking into the washroom.

She brushed her unruly, curly hair, it had the same shade as the coffee she'd spilt on her lap the week prior, with light, barely noticeable streaks of gold scattered around her head.

Gently placing the brush on the counter, she proceeded to continue to brushing her teeth of the food from the previous night as to not seem messy.

This young girls name happened to be Agatha, a peculiar name to have in such a time, it was a Latin depiction of the Greek name Αγαθη (Agathe), having been derived from Aγαθος (Agathos), meaning "good", the meaning happened to suit her well as she was the only remaining human school therapist in the city of Greenville, even though she was still a student at the school, she didn't mind a little extra work.

As Agatha walked to school, she smiled brightly, imagining the kind of day she might have.

She was one of the most well known people in the school, she didn't understand why everyone enjoyed her company so much, but they did, and she wasn't one to complain about attention. She'd been the centre of attention for as long as she could remember, which, arguably, wasn't that far back, but the point remains, Agatha was a lovable person, and as far as she knew everyone in the school agreed.

As she strode into the doors, she smiled brighter, half expecting her usual espionage of hellos and good mornings from various students regardless of their interest.

However this morning was different.

The hallways were empty, nobody was around, papers were scattered everywhere, and trash was overflowing from a bin.

Agatha took an attentive step forward, partially trying to avoid the various scraps of notes tossed haphazardly around, she advanced slowly down the familiar halls, gazing down them hoping to see some form of life, but saw nothing.

She continued her discreet saunter down the barren halls, until she began to hear noise flowing from the echoey gymnasium.

Relieved that she had found someone, Agatha grabbed ahold of the handles and pulled, however was taken aback when the heavy doors didn't move with her.

No matter how hard she pulled Agatha couldn't get any of them opened, she knocked, then banged, then kicked, still to absolutely no results.

Nothing could get anyones attention,  so there she stood defeated by a door, at a middle school, great.

Deciding it was pointless to force the door she instead stood there angrily, waiting for the doors to open and for everyone to file out and explain the assembly she somehow managed to miss.

The doors did eventually open, and everyone did indeed file out, however when Agatha spoke to them none of them looked her way.

Nobody acknowledged her, and she wasn't used to it, she was used to being loved by everyone, though she couldn't blame a few poor souls for having a boring assembly and not wanting to talk.

What she couldn't explain was yelling directly into her best friend's ear only to have them walk away from her slowly with a panicked stare boring into the floor.

Everyone she knew pretending not to hear her, pretending she didn't exist, she began questioning if she even existed, if anything was real, then decided now was not the time for surreal flashes of existential crisis.

She yelled at the students surrounding her, trying to get somebodies attention, ANYBODIES attention, but to no clear avail.

Sprinting down the hall she ran looking for someone who would even turn to look at her but still just
nothing.

In all her panicking she never even stopped to look at whatever everyone was flocking around, she jogged forward, wanting to figure out what was going on with everyone.

Inside the circle of anticipated teens stands another young girl, possibly only a year or two older than Agatha, stood in a black and white school uniform, "GMS" plastered on the green and black school emblem on her chest, her short but long enough to braid black hair was curled around in a tight formal braid on her neck leading down her shoulder, two light barrettes held the front of her hair in place, her face was pale and had a few freckles speckled around freelance on her face, her vibrant green eyes almost seemed to glow against the radiance of her gaunt features, she had thin lips barely appearing above the crease of her mouth.

Everyone was introducing themselves to her, the foyer was filled with "Hello, my name is-"'s and "Welcome to Greenville Middle School"'s, it was almost deafening to Agatha, who stood confused and shocked as this was nearly identical to how she was brought into the school.

She concluded she'd had enough and marched hastily back to her home, where she could safely try to make sense of the strange interactions the day had brought upon her.

She didn't even care about what her school would say to her the next day, she couldn't bring herself to care, she just needed space and the school didn't provide it.

The girl got in bed at exactly 8:00PM, falling unconscious and into an easily forgettable deep sleep at exactly 9:30PM.