Intro.

Corine sat at the bar. This wasn't what she had in mind for a Friday night. She would have been happier at home, a more comfortable situation. But PR duties called and now here she was.

The seedy bar wasn't her scene. At least not anymore. She'd given up that lifestyle, traded it in for a plush office and designer threads. It hadn't always been that way though. She used to find herself in places like this regularly.

Checking her watch, she downed the rest of her glass, the whiskey giving her just enough courage to do this. Her time with the Howlies had been exhausting and she knew she couldn't do it much longer. One more tour, she told herself. One more tour and she could move on.

She'd loved it once, loved him. But time had worn the both of them down. Not to mention the alcohol and drugs. She couldn't count how many times she'd found him passed out or overdosed. How many times she'd put groupies in cabs. How many times she'd dropped him off at rehab.

And it showed.

It had aged her, she noted. Her reflection in the glass, she barely recognized the girl who had been wide-eyed, so full of life and full of hope for the future. Their future.

But that was over. It was all over.