Chapter one: The footsteps

Diana

I sat at the dinner table. It was huge. Our whole house was huge. With our, I mean me, Diana Dumont and my parents. They were always gone: For business trips, parties of important people and vacations. I was their only child. They didn't have time for more kids. They also didn't have time for me, but I learned to take care of myself. I could walk when I was one, read when I was four and bake an egg when I was nine. At the moment, they were in Mexico for a meeting with a really rich man. I didn't care. I had the whole house for me alone! I put my plate in the dishwasher and went upstairs. I took a quick shower and put on my pyjamas. I went to my bedroom and turned the tv on. I watched two seasons of my favourite series on Netflix when my phone ringed. It was my best friend, Vincent. He did send me a message.

V: Hey! How U doing??

D: meh, home alone again.. :(

V: Ooww... I wish I could come, but I need to watch my little brother

V: I'm sorry :(((

D: It's okay, You can't help it

V: That's true, Where are your parents?

D: Well, they are on a meeting with a rich Mexican man or something.

D: Idk

V: That is fun ;P. I have to go now. Danny needs to sleep.

D: okay bye

I sighed. It was quite late, so I turned off the lights and crawled under my blanket. Then, I heard something falling downstairs. It was the cat I guess. Wait... I have no cat. I heard a man talking in a language I didn't understand. I took my hockey stick and waited. Maybe I just imagined it. then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. They came closer and closer to my doorway. The man stood still in front of my door. I held my breath. After a while, I decided to look through the key opening. Then... I looked straight in someone's eyes. I hid behind my bed. Then the man shouted. More footsteps came upstairs. The man chanted something and the door blasted away. Then I saw the man. It wasn't a man, but a teenage boy. Maybe he was a bit older than me. Shaking I looked up. Then he waved his wand and everything went black.