\Chapter One/ My Mark.. Is It A Mistake?

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"I'm up! I'm up!" Marinette said, sitting up in her bed. The alarm was still ringing, Tikki flew over and clicked the button that was saying, "Happy Birthday! Happy Birth-" Click! Tikki smiled and looked up at Marinette, "Happy Birthday Marinette!" Tikki said, hugging Marinette's cheek. Tikki flew down to her desk and gave Marinette something. "Tikki, did you make this?" She nodded. "I love it, thank you Tikki!" It was a bracelet with black thread and a ladybug charm, with red beads beside it. Marinette put it on her left wrist.

Marinette gasped and jumped down off her bed, then she went to her mirror and started checking everywhere on her body. Tikki giggled, "Marinette, what are you doing?" Marinette put down her shirt, "I'm looking for my soulmate mark!"

A soulmate mark is what you get on your seventeenth or eighteenth birthday, it tells you who you are longed to be with. Marinette hopped it was Adrien.

"Tikki help me out!" Marinette yelled. Tikki laughed and flew over to Marinette to help her find her soulmate mark.

"Oh Marinette! I fou-.." Tikki was staring at Marinette's right hand. Marinette looked down and she saw a green paw, with the initials CN in cursive black in the middle on the top of her hand.

Marinette froze, Chat Noir was her soulmate? No wait, Ladybug was his soulmate.. Marinette quickly got dressed then grabbed gloves to cover it and then raced to school.

When she arrived at school, Alya was there and swarmed her in with a giant hug. "Happy Birthday girl!" Marinette smiled, "Thanks Alya." She replied back.

Alya stepped back, "So?" Marinette smiled, "So what?" Alya blinked in annoyance, "Girl you know exactly what I'm talking about! Your soulmate mark! Show me it!" Marinette froze. "A-Alya.. I can't.." Alya didn't stop pestering her, "Why not?" Marinette's body temperature warmed up. "Because Alya I.." Marinette suddenly had an idea! "I didn't get mine yet!.." Alya frowned, "Really?" Marinette nodded. "Oh I'm sorry girl, but I know it'll come tomorrow! You'll have to show it to me then! And.. what's up with the gloves?" She asked pointing, "Oh well uh- you see, it got chilly and I decided to wear them." Alya cleared her throat, "Marinette.. it's almost summer.. and you're wearing GLOVES?" Marinette stood back. "Well y-yeah.." Alya shook her head and placed a hand on her shoulder, "I love you and all girl, but sometimes I think that there's things wrong with you." Then the bell rung, they both ran inside and sat in their seats.

Nino wasn't there yet and Alya pointed in the empty seat, "Go sit next to Adrien Marinette!" Alya whispered, Marinette blushed, "No Alya! You know how I am when I talk to him!" Alya smiled and tapped Adrien's shoulder, Marinette froze "Alya!-" Adrien turned around, smiling. It made Marinette want to look in his eyes and stare in them forever. "What is it Alya?" She smirked, "Do you mind if Marinette sat next to you until Nino comes?" Marinette snapped back in reality and shook her head. Adrien smiled, "Sure. Why not?" He looked at Marinette before turning back around. Alya nudged Marinette's elbow and she got up, sitting in the seat next to Adrien.

Adrien turned to her and smiled. She did the same while doing a tiny wave. Then class started. Nino then burst through the doors and he rushed to his seat. "Marinette what are you-" Alya grabbed his arm and sat him next to her, she whispered something then he nodded, waiting till class was over.

^*==========*^

After class Marinette stood up, her head hurting from all the knowledge she was learning and because of Chloé staring at her the whole time. "Alright class, no homework for today. Just study for the test." Everyone nodded and Marinette walked out.

She went home and started designing, she found herself doing a design involving Chat Noir. Marinette shook her head and ripped the page out. She threw it and it hit Tikki, "Hey!" But Marinette didn't hear her, she just kept trying to release her mind off of him. Tikki un-crumbled the paper and smiled. It was a Chat Noir hoodie with a giant green paw print in the middle of it. She found Marinette drawing the ears on top. Tikki put the paper down and flew to Marinette to see what she was designing, it was a green shirt that said, 'Happy Birthday!' There was confetti everywhere and there were black cats underneath the words. Marinette sighed and decided to leave them there, they were cute. Suddenly there was a tap at the window that sended Marinette's book flying out of her hands and crashing into the ceiling. Marinette grumbled and got up to open the window.

"Hey Purrincess!~ I decided to come visit because well- it's your birthday isn't it?" Marinette suddenly smiled and nodded. Chat took out a small box with a pink bow. Marinette carefully grabbed the box, "Is this a trick?" Chat shook his head, "Nope. Why would I do that?" Marinette rolled her eyes and sighed while untying the bow. "Because you are like that Chat." She replied. He smirked, "You know me too well Princess. Just uh- forgot the part where he saves damsels in distress, he has a wonderful princess, and where he gets her a wonderful gift." He said, counting his fingers. Marinette chuckled and opened the box, she gasped. "Chat.." His eats went down, and his tail sagged, "Do you- like it?" Marinette smiled and nodded. "No I love it! You know you didn't have to buy this for me right?" He shook his head. "It's the least I could do." It was a pearl necklace with a bigger pearl in the middle surrounded with tiny diamonds on top of it. Marinette put it around her neck and Chat blushed. He couldn't help it that his Princess looked so beautiful. Beautiful? Wait.. no Chat Noir loves Ladybug not her.

"You look pretty Princess." Marinette slightly blushed. "Thanks Chat." He winked and she rolled her eyes. She found herself looking into his eyes, they reminded her of a certain someone, but couldn't put her finger on who.

Chat stared into her bluebell eyes, they reminded him of someone, but his claws couldn't grab that memory to figure out who it was. They caught themselves staring, then they both looked away blushing. Chat tried to change the subject, "D-Did you find your soulmate mark?" Marinette froze, she totally forgot about that. "I uh-.. no! Not yet." Chat nodded, then saw her gloves, "Erm.. Princess? Why are you wearing gloves?" Marinette looked down at them and covered them with her other hand, "Well it uh-.. g-got cold and I decided t-to put on some gloves!" Chat raised an eyebrow. "Princess.. your heater is on.. and it is like almost summer.. you're hiding something."

Cue the panicking.

"Uh nuh uh! I'm not hiding anything Chat! I'm just.. cold!" Chat had enough of this, he pulled off the gloves.