Anonymous Was a Woman Pt. 1

Scene: Carriage pulling away, a young Francis trying to chase after it, a little girl looking out.

"I was born November 15th, 1542 to Madeline O'Hera and James V of Scotland. I am the youngest of my father's illegitimate children, he died in battle not long after my birth. My mother died of influenza five years later. After her death I was sent to live with my half-sister Mary and her ladies at the royal court of France. My life was good and happy...if only for a little while."

"When I was 10 it was decided that my sister would be sent to a convent to be educated and "protected" from English radicals, while her ladies would be sent home to Scotland. I had no where else to go, Marie de Guise refused to have me sent back to Scotland, it was up to King Henry and Catherine to decide my fate."

Henry: Missing?

Guard: Yes, your majesties. We were told she never arrived.

Catherine: Never arrived? That isn't possible, we sent eight armed guards to protect her.

Guard: Six of those armed guards were found stabbed to death. Two are still missing.

Henry: I want every guard in the castle, outside and within 10 miles of here searching, and gather as many volunteers as you can, use dogs if you have to. Wait for me at the gate, I want to lead search.

Young Francis enters the room after hearing every word that was said.

Little Francis: Is Y/N lost?

Catherine kneels down.

Catherine: Yes Francis, but we'll find her...I promise.

Little Francis: Father I want to help you.

Henry: No Francis.

Little Francis: But she's my friend.

Henry: I said No, it's too dangerous...(to Catherine) I'll be back before dark.

Henry leaves.

Little Francis: What if they don't find her?

Catherine: They'll find her Francis, and when they do, she'll be back at court and we'll protect her, so this won't ever happen again.

"They searched for weeks, months even with no success. It was like I had vanished into thin air, leaving the nation, and perhaps the world to wonder. What happened to me? Where was I? Was I kidnapped? Did I run away? Was I healthy? Was I sick? Was I alive? Was I dead?....only one person knows."