S a n c t i f y

-̝͍̟̿̋̋❦̬̬̲̱͊͊́͆-̰̬̏͡

I watch her frail body shudder, knees on the ground scratched by the force of her fall and she cries over the four words I had written.

It was torture. Love was torture.

Watching her broken, knowing I was the cause of her hurt and not being able to do anything about it.

The hand dripping with ink touched my shoulder, "She's not going to remember this after today." It's an icy whisper in my ear but I'm used to the sting.

"I know." I was almost thankful that she wouldn't remember this. I couldn't bear the thought of her carrying this pain with her.

Just when I had a taste of love, it had been ripped away from me so violently. Painfully. But I'd never do anything different if it meant she was safe.

"Time for your penance." It drawls out from behind me and I nod, knowing what was to come.

I'd be condemned, stripped from any power, any immortality. I'd go back to the world, unrecognised and pathetic.

But I deserved it because I was selfish. Making her fall in love with me all because of my need to have a taste of love. But I loved her, no, I love her because she is everything.

She loved me because I didn't give her a choice.

And that was going to be the worst form of punishment. Going back into the world where the love of my life barely cares for me if not for a push on my end.

How was I going to look at her now, without completely shattering?

A̳̕ŕ͕ṱ̱̟͑͛͘ ̂̒͜ͅò̡̜̕f ̟́Ḏ̹̫͕̮̃̃̐̀̓ẹ̪̯̠́̈́̍̕c̨̺̖̣̗͛͌̋̐̽e̺̯̺̭̙̾͗̍͑̚ȋ̡t ̣̀x ̖̂Sa̢̘̰͒̈͞ņ̯̖̈̀͊̔͢c̭̰͂͠t͔̤̻̃̋͡ȉ͚̹̗͉͕̑͂̂͝f̨̛̖̹͊̑y̡̚

—❦—

. . .
D I S C L A I M E R
This is a work of fiction. There are some character names from BTS. Other names, businesses, places, events are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.
Any resembles to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

I do not own any of the BTS members. I do not own any of the pictures used in this book.

• • •
C O P Y R I G H T
Copyright© 2020 Softaura

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief
quotation in a book review.