At Birth

Auklet's POV
    I woke up by being pushed out of someone. So this is how birth feels like. Welp I guess this is where my life begins. There are several bodies around me. They look like me. I don't really know how I look that's much but by what I can see, I am just a little bluish-greenish sea animal.

    The person that I was pushed out of started getting closer to me. She was a beautiful blue color. I loved her already. Another was green. There was a smaller one and he was almost the same color as me. I was born in water and I am just learning how to move around and live over here when I hear someone.

    "So what's her name?" someone said EXTREMELY loud that I couldn't hear anything else other than this person.

    The big ogopogen that i was pushed out of says "Auklet. A-U-K-L-E-T."

"And the middle name of the girl?" The woman asks. I am being called a girl and I am not sure if this is good or bad and the other thing that I was pushed out of and was getting attached to didn't speak up so I assume it's nothing. Should I call her a thing? Probably not. But what is she? What am I?

"It's Cleo. C-L-E-O." said the other thing that watched my mom pop me out.

"I told you that her middle name should be Orca. It's so cute." my mom argued.

"My mother died last week in a duel for us and she deserves our child's middle name to be hers AT THE LEAST THAT WE COULD DO FOR HER!" my father yells at my mother. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to talk either. So I have no clue what to do. So I just sit here.

"Mom, Dad, please stop fighting you know it upsets me!" the little one that seemed to be attached to my parents said. I didn't particularly like it either. I figured that maybe they gave birth to him too.

"Riptide, we've been through this before. Mommies and Daddies are going to fight sometimes and it's natural. There's no reason to get all upset. Your little sister was just born and doesn't want to hear all of this yelling on her first day trying life. It must be hard for her. She looks like she is struggling to squirm. She looks so helpless." my mother says.

Then my dad speaks up, "She will have to deal with some yelling during life and she needs to understand that so at her first day at life we can introduce her to our family. Our family gets out of hand sometimes and she needs to know that."

"She should get to rest on her first day. I need to get her home. Soon I will have to teach her how to swim properly because right now she is struggling and when Riptide was born he was already pretty good at moving around while this girl can't even squirm in my arms. Then I will need to get a leash for her so she can be next to me all the time. I just need to have a harness attached to her neck as well as mine because now that I have been through this with a son, I know how the little ones can get away."

"We cannot harness our child. Sure, she needs limitations but she doesn't need to be harnessed. She needs some freedom or she will grow up to have no self-control when she is free." my dad spoke up for me. I didn't really know what a harness was but it seemed like something that would be around my neck and would be very irritating and might choke me. This is not what I would like to be birthed into.

"YOU GUYS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE YET. STAY RIGHT HERE UNTIL I COME BACK TO FREE YOU." the doctor yelled again.

I didn't exactly know what all of that meant but I was really scared and I was just born. This is going to be a long life.

We sat in this room as small as a pea for a very long time. What I think is called my family kept talking to each other about what they think is right for me. I think there is only me, my mom, my dad,and my brother, but I shouldn't get my hopes up. I don't really know what's out there. There could be so many of us out there but I don't know numbers yet so I can't say the biggest number that I know.

"We are being invaded!" yells someone from outside the door.

I don't recognize their voice so there is probably a lot of us.

I wonder what "invaded" means. It was horrible not knowing all of these words because by the way that this person was saying this word I should be terrified. But I don't know what this means.

The door slams open and a yellow thing with a long neck creeps in. It is strugglingto swim and it looks pretty young. Then something big comes up behind it. It looked very similar to the other one except it was way bigger. It grabbed the little one and swam swiftly away.

I kept seeing colors zipping by. I don't know what's coming my way.