The Girl

A long time ago, there lay a kingdom of gardens so beautiful, visitors often stayed forever. The King and his two sons ruled over the kingdom, walking among the people as one of them.

During the days in the streets, the Kings youngest son would travel to a Doctors' house and call upon the daughter, who was his friend and secret lover. The couple would walk along the streets and through the gardens, speaking as friends, until out of sight by the river.

It was here that the Prince declared his undying love for the girl and offered they run away to be together forever.

"We could freely love and live out in the world" he smiled at her. "Come away with me?"

"I love you with all my heart and will come with you" she smiled so sweet.

"We will leave in three days hence!"

With a kiss, the couple sat beneath a willow tree and ate lunch together, before returning home. The Prince was greeted by the sad sight of his sickly father, who grew worse and worse, until he passed on the third day.

The Princes mourned their father, the girl giving her lover support and comfort when he needed it most. The kingdom mourned their lost king and pondered the future as wicked men, who had been silent for the King, moved in to whisper in the elder Princes ear.

The young Prince felt himself becoming a target in their eyes and fled to his lover to talk with her at their place by the river.

"We should leave tonight! I feel I am in danger here" he told her.

"Then we shall" the girl replied, soft and calm. "I will pack my things and meet you here."

And so, they parted once more, focused to their meeting and departure of the kingdom. As night fell, the girl slipped from her home and waited by the willow, but the Prince did not come. The girl did not fret his loyalty or honesty, but wondered if he had been caught up by his family.

She waited all night, resting beneath the willow, until the morning. She headed towards the palace and was greeted by horrendous news:

The younger Prince had been slain for treason against the elder Prince.

The girl, in all her sorrow and fury, marched into the palace and stood before the elder Prince. He was adorned in royal red and purest white, his face stone and excluded of expression as he gazed cold eyes upon her.

"You have done me a great wrong, Prince, and I will have what I desire in time. I will return and you and this kingdom will rue the day you killed my lover, your brother!"

With that, she turned and rushed away, a storm brewing as she fled into the wilds of the world, never to be seen again.

But we know where she went, don't we~?