Prologue

Life as a werewolf has been difficult for centuries. They have had to live in secrecy due to the increase in hunters that wish to rid the world of their kind.

Most people believe us to be dangerous vile creatures that should not be allowed to live.

In reality, the majority of werewolves are peaceful people that just want to get on with their lives and avoid wars.

Don't get me wrong, there are those few werewolves that have given in to their wolves and turned into the natural carnivorous selves.

Most werewolf packs live in their human forms, in packs that are scattered around the world. These packs are usually hidden and well protected.

My pack is different.

Oh yeah. I'm Sierra. That's it, just Sierra. Our pack, Canis Pack, is devoted to our wolves. We stay in our wolves the entire year around apart from one day.

One day a year is devoted to a festival that celebrates that we are able to shift. If we shift any other time of the year we are punished. Our Alpha believes that we have to stay natural and true to our wolves.

Being human is completely forbidden.

I hate it.

I was born into this pack so I have never had a choice in whether I am wolf or human. My favourite time of year is when we can be human. I love it.

You can do so much more as a human being.

Unfortunately, my parents died a few years ago during a war with a nearby pack that Alpha Marcus wanted to take over to convert them to wolves.

As far as I know and from what my parents explained to me, we are the only pack that stays in our wolf forms yearly and Alpha Marcus wishes to take over other packs to make them live this lifestyle.

Since the death of my parents, I have struggled with life in the pack. I'm alone. with no one to talk to or protect me. I don't have any friends and have kept to myself over the years.

The last 4 years of my life have been spent training, alone, and preparing.

My hope is to leave this awful pack and find sanctuary elsewhere, either as a rogue or in a different pack.

There is only one issue. Apart from the fact that I have no clue how to live as a human.

Alpha Marcus.

Apparently, I am 'the most beautiful wolf' in the pack so Alpha Marcus has decided that it is me who he will mate with.

Never.

I have to get out of here.

Tonight.