Chapter 1

Y/N POV

It was June 17th. My 26th birthday. My first on my own in a new country. I'd moved from my home in Ireland to pursue my career as an actress. I'd been in a few shows back home but I wanted to see my name in lights in the big city. It was always my dream.

*knock knock* the sound of the door jolting me out of my daze. "Coming!" I shouted as I ran towards the door of my apartment. It was small but I had made it home. I checked the peep hole to see my best friend Joanne standing there. She was a relatively new friend but we had clicked straight away when we met in line at Starbucks.

*FLASHBACK*

"Iced latte for Y/N!" I walked towards the counter to collect my drink when a girl ran straight into me spilling her cool drink all over me. I had just stood there shocked and looked at her panicking and burst out laughing. She was so frazzled i couldn't stay mad at her.

"Omg! I'm so so sorry, omg please let me help you get cleaned up!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bathroom. Helping me dry my top she continued to apologise just making me laugh more.

"It's ok" I said pushing my hair back off my face as I rinsed the coffee out of my t-shirt before drying it under the dryer. "It was an accident. I forgive you" I said while a small chuckle left my lips.

"I'm Joanne" she said pushing her blonde hair behind her ear. She was quite a small chick, like me, around 5"2, blonde with piercing green eyes. She was stunning, but not my type.

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you" I said holding my hand out for her to shake. She just shook her head, laughed and pulled me in for a hug.

"Sorry. I'm a hugger" she said smiling.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

That was 7 months ago and we have been inseparable since. She had shown me around and helped me find my new apartment. She stayed over most nights and we would watch movies and perv on all the actresses and singers we liked. Of course I was OBSESSED with one singer in particular and that was the reason why Joanne was here. She had bought me tickets to see my all time favourite singer and idol LIVE in concert and I couldn't wait!

"Move! I gotta pee sooooo bad!!" Joanne said as she pushed straight past me into the bathroom, not even bothering to close the door. "OMG!!!! She said as relief took over her. I giggled and checked how i looked in the mirror by the door.

"Hurry up!" I said as I heard the toilet flush. "I don't wanna be late!" I was super nervous as we had to meet and greet tickets for before the concert and I was finally going to meet my idol.

"Keep your pants on girl" Joanne said with a southern twang. "She's not gonna start without us" she said playfully pushing my arm. I laughed and grabbed my keys, heading out the door locking it behind us. It was finally happening. After 10 years. I was finally meeting my idol. Demi Lovato.

**ok so this is my first ever chapter of my first ever fic. I really hope you like it. Feedback, good and bad, is welcome. Any notes, tips or comments are appreciated. See you in chapter 2. :)**