prologue.

“Watch out among the shadows“, they'd say. “She lurks in them and looks for prey.“

She isn't a human“, they'd murmur. “She is a monster, your greatest nightmare.“

“She doesn't kill for fun“, they'd whisper with their last breath. “She kills because she's Death.“

I'm sure you've all heard the rumors, whether on the streets, the newspapers, second-hand, third-hand, or even tenth-hand.

What rumors, you might think?

It's nearly impossible to haven't heard about Yuriko Hinata, the legendary Shadowstealer, the Wraith of Yokohama.

You'd have to live under a rock if you didn't hear about the destruction she's left in her path, how she wreaked havoc in those new moon nights.

No one knows her. Her past is shrouded in darkness, and there is no one who was lucky enough to live- no, to survive her to spread the story.

So, let me tell you one thing: she isn't what she looks like, and she doesn't look like what she is. She is a mystery and an open book, the sun and the moon, the day and night.

And this, this is her story.

The story of the girl with shadows in her wake.

A/N:
so, this is it. My very first longer bsd book, unsteady! God i can't express what i feel right now, so let me say that it's overflowimg gratitude and much, much more, thanks to the people who support and love me day in, day out, somehow.

This book is many things, and if you are uncomfortable with mentions of suicide/ suicide attempts, PTSD, violence and so on, then this isn't your story, probably.

But to anyone who stays: this is goin' to be a rollercoaster ride you'll never forget.

-yume