First Kiss

Dating Izuku was always going to be an... Interesting experience.

Mina had long accepted that when she realized that she was starting to like 1A's resident nerd of epic proportions. Of all the people in her class she could have fallen for, he really hadn't been one she'd thought about when she first met the guy, and he certainly wasn't anything like the kinds of people she'd normally take an interest in, but somehow, here they were.

There was something about him that had pulled her in. Well, there were a few things. A few too many to list. Needless to say, he had ended up being more her type than she thought - Though in fairness, he was more a type that she didn't even realize that she was into.

It actually took her a while to figure it out herself. Of course, this also came with the caveat that she'd never actually gone out with someone before, so naturally, she was quite nervous herself.

when she had finally admitted that she liked him, he had floundered around awkwardly and anxiously for a bit, before agreeing to see where this went, and the pair of them started to date.

Well, kind of date.

A lot of the time, it more seemed like Mina was the one dragging him out, taking him places, and generally being the one to initiate things in the relationship. Initially, anyway. Izuku was an awkward guy, and he seemed to be blown away by the mere idea of anyone being interested in him romantically to begin with. That part was understandable - If she were being honest, Mina was just as nervous, but she just pushed it to the side more, and didn't let it bother her, but she was understanding of Izuku's anxiety.

He seemed to get over it though. It took him little while, but eventually, he started becoming more outgoing, and eager to hang out with her. Not that he'd ever hesitated to spend time with her before, but it was clear that he had been a nervous wreck, worried about ruining something or screwing something up. He became less and less so as they went on more dates.

Izuku was awkward around girls as it was, so that was to be expected.

It was hard not to think that he might have come out of his shell a bit sooner had she not attempted to kiss him.

That had been on their third date. That was when you were supposed to have your first kiss with the person you were going out with, wasn't it? Enough cheesy romance films had taught her that. So that was what Mina had tried to do.

He'd turned away and backed off.

She'd taken a step too far. Immediately, she had backed off and apologized. He accepted. And the next day, the pair of them just pretended that nothing had happened.

Mina didn't try anything again until a few weeks later, when she thought that he was more settled into the relationship. He certainly seemed a lot more relaxed and content with things, like he'd gotten everything sorted out in his mind, and had spent enough time deliberating to know he was happy with how the relationship was going.

But once more, when Mina tried to close the gap, he'd backed up.

That had been yesterday. Today, Mina was sat, looking out her window, trying to figure out what was going on with him.

Her head was resting on her right hand, so her cheek was scrunched up with how she was resting it against her hand. Once more, they were acting like nothing had happened, but Mina wasn't able to just put it to one side this time. It was like a warning light. There were only really a couple of options as to why Izuku kept wanting to back away from letting Mina kiss him.

Only a few that she could think of, anyway. She muttered her answers to herself, not even realizing that she was doing it.

"He's either way too awkward... Or he's got this idea that he'd got to be the one to initiate things this time." She actually let out a small laugh, before discounting that last idea. If Izuku was anything, he wasn't traditional in the dating sense by a long-shot. If he was, then they'd probably still be tip-toeing around one another.