Catch me

The wailing of the baby echo in the empty house. Sans jolted from his beauty sleep. He blinked his eyes a few time to discard his hazy mind from his nap.

"Wha.." the crying became louder. 'Who...? Ah, Papyrus!' Sans ran quickly to the baby that wrapped in fluffy blanket. In a second, Sans already cradled Papyrus in his arm.

"Hey. It's okay. Everything's okay. I got you, pap" Papyrus hiccuped when he saw the bigger skeleton. "Nyeh!"

Sans chuckled when the baby tried to communicate with him using his word.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Sans! Sans! Sans! Look!"

"Heh,what is i... PAP!"

Sans teleport swiftly under Papyrus before he catch his brother who just jumped from second floor. Papyrus giggled when he saw his brother's face.

"Your face look funny, Sans" Sans gave him a strained smile. "Why did you do that, pap?"
The little brother tilted his head. "I wanna see your magic trick that go 'swoosh!' You know, the thing that you did just now!"

Gosh, this little skeleton, though he can't be angry with him. "Maybe you can just ask me next time without doing that stunt. It's dangerous. You might fall, ya' know"

"Nah, I won't fall cause you always catch me, brother" he grinned.
Sans can't help but chuckled.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Hey, Pap. What happen?" Sans asked his little brother who just staring at the television.

Papyrus startled from his daydream. "Hmm,what did you say?" His eyes darted at the TV, pretending to pay attention to it.

Sans sighed. He walked until he's in front of Papyrus. "Pap, you have been staring at Metaton's show without smiling for 5 minutes. It's unusual for you. What's going on ?"

Pap just stay silent on the sofa. It's okay, Sans can wait. He is a patient skeleton. The clock ticking every second until...

"Sans, am I a bad monster ?"

"...Why do you say that ?"

"Cause no one want to befriend with me. Everytime I tried to talk with them, they always try to ran from me. Is it because my voice?"

Sans tilted his head. "And why do you think that?"

Papyrus rubbed his arm nervously. "Well, I kinda hear some monster talk about my voice. Said that it's bleed their ears since it too loud. They also said that I'm too childish and..." Papyrus clutched his hand "...It just...am I not normal, Sans?"

"Pap" Sans stared at his eyes. "Do tell me what is normal"

"Umm, normal is ..." he tried to find anything that's normal in the Underground but, he can't found it.

"There's never a 'normal' in Underground. Everyone has their own personality and unique. We are different from each other. If all of us were same and 'normal', it's kinda be dull in here. So, normality have nothing against this friendship"

"Then, what did I do wrong?" Sans hummed for a while.

"Maybe the monster in here are not suit to be your friend. Friend is someone who accept who you are. You know, we could go to others place like Waterfall and Hotland."

"We can?" His little brother asked. "Yeah, why not. You never go outside than Snowdin, right?"
Papyrus nooded before a smile plastered on his face. "Thanks, Sans. You always there for me" He spread his arm to Sans.

"Didn't I promise that I will always catch you from your fall" Sans hugged Papyrus gently.
"Nyeh, you always keep your promise"

The next day, Undyne declared Papyrus as his bestie and Sans always remember how wide Papyrus smile on that day.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Hey, Sans"

"Yes Pap?" Sans turned his head to stare at his younger brother who right now spread his arm in front of him. He smiled when he saw the gesture.

"I catch you, Pap" He gently wrapped his arm around Papyrus's body. The taller skeleton giggled. "You always do"

Sans hummed softly.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Sans stare at the scarlet scarf that been buried by a pile of dust. His hand trembling when he grab it.

Oh star, he really don't want to believe it but the dust, the scarf, the kid...

"Eventhough the kid a bit mean, it doesn't mean that they are evil ! I, the GREAT Papyrus will befriend with them. Everyone deserve a second chance, Sans"

Sans choked when he bring the scarf to his face. He still can feel the warmth of his little brother that lingering on the scarf.

Pap. Papyrus. His little brother. Why him?

"Sans, will you promise me that whenever I fell, you will catch me?"
"I promise"

Who was the one that catch Papyrus when he fall after he battled with the kids? Sans choked once again. No one. Gosh, he's a terrible brother.

" I'm sorry, Pap "  He sob while clutching the scarf.
I'm so sorry.

I failed you.

⍟★☆⚝⛤⛥⛦✦✧✩✪✫✬✭✮✯✰✱✲✵✶✷✸