Episode Zero

365 days after zero day - -

"Everything happens for a reason," thats what my old man used to say. I wouldnt say thats a terrible stand point, however, i might have taken it more seriously back then if he hadnt backed it up by saying, "if you let it get past you without learning something, then ya failed... and dammit girl why wont you learn!"

    Great man, dont get me wrong, but lets just say he wasnt much in the way of a parent. Thats not to say that he didnt try either, but i used to resent him for everything he was worth after my mother had passed. Trying to be a father to an ungrateful, rebellious girl such as myself was no easy task. But from day one... that is, MY day one, the day i was born... my pops was not prepared to be a father.

    When my mother died, he had promised her that no matter what he would be a father to me. Although, he was present he wasnt much of a father.

    Thats why i hated him.

    USED to hate him.

    I would go out of my way just to spite my dear ol' dad... never would have thought i'd miss him... or hate myself for being so difficult.

    It wasnt till after zero day that i realized what i had taken for granted. On that fateful day, i lost one of the few people who actually cared about me... even if he didnt know how to show it, i know that he did...

    While i truly do miss my family, that is not the reason im writing this... i know i am not one for writing or even sometimes recollecting, but to whoever reads this please bare with me. I want anyone in the distant or God forbid the near future to find this after my death and know what happened... to know the truth and write it in the history books, to warn others...

    Whoever is to find this journal one day... well, you know Diaspora, our home was damaged... scarred. I dare say permanently. But she holds, strong enough to live on... i just hope i can say the same for all its inhabitants...

    If someone is reading this, then my journals will not have been in vain. I can only hope... but i guess for now, this is all I have. Hope.

We will keep on surviving...

Still Enduring,

Riley Winters