Yet Another Day

My alarm repeated its annoying sound over and over which slowly brought me back down to earth. I reached over pressing the small button to shut it up. I opened my eyes slowly and my dark room came into focus. I inhaled deeply, then sighed and swung my legs out of my bed and onto my floor. I pushed myself up off the bed and up on my feet. I got light headed and closed my eyes while standing very still to balance myself. Once I was sufficiently clear headed I shuffled over to turn on my light. My room lit up quickly causing my pupils to contract fast making it hard to see. I half-blindly walked to my closet and pulled out the first shirt and sweats I could find and threw them on. I tied my hair up quickly and then headed downstairs.

"Good morning Hun, I have to run to the office now. I love you," My mom kissed the top of my head and flew out the door. I turned to my little brother who was playing with cereal.

"What are you looking at?" He asked. I just rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. I ran back upstairs to grab my school bag and then I was out of the door. I waited at the edge of my driveway for Delaney, my gorgeous best friend. We've been friends since second grade, I love her to the moon and back, somehow she managed to deal with me for ten years. I remember when her hair was a deep blonde and the way it fell in curls around her shoulders. Her tan skin perfectly contrasted her white teeth. Her laughs are infectious and her smiles are contagious.
I sighed think about her when I was suddenly snapped back to attention when a small black Chevy Impala. Inside the black car a smiling Delaney, her deep brown eyes smiled. I climbed into the car.

"Hey, Amber," She said when I shut the door.

"Sup?" It was half a introduction half a question.

"Not excited for school." She replied glumly. 

I nodded, "Mondays suck..." 

She reached over and grabbed my hand, my heart fluttered. She's amazing at this point I don't just love her, I'm IN love with her. If she only knew I am a lesbian I might finally have a chance to hold her longer than hugs. To kiss her but not on her cheek. I need her in my life, her smiles breathe light the world, my world. 

"...Earth to Amber..." Delaney looked at me sideways and pulled her hand away from me and waved it in my face. My soul sank at the loss of contact.

"Oh, Hi sorry. Got lost in my thoughts" I smiled. 

"Okay, well we are at school so we have to get out," Delaney spoke as she opened her door and stepped out. I got out of the car as well and walked around the car to her. She laced her fingers with mine and smiled at me. I blushed but tried to hide it with my hair. I was smiling like an idiot as we walked through the doors of high school. Much to my demise, our hands broke apart when we went to home room.

AUTHOR NOTE: So, what do you think? Should I continue this?? I know this part was/is short but i wanted to get this out here and do a little introduction.